Human Resources Manager in a Leading Furniture Manufacturing Company
Human Capital Partners - Our client, a leading Furniture Manufacturing Company is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resources Manager
- Our client, a leading furniture manufacturer in Nigeria is looking to hire an experienced HR Manager for the business. The role holder will be responsible for all generalist HR activities, specifically reviewing and advising on HR policies and processes across the business, coordinating human resources administrative functions and providing support in delivering strategic Human Resources initiatives.
- Provide support and participate with managers in the recruitment of new staff.
- Plan, co-ordinate Internship work experience placements, ensuring that these meet the needs of the organizations as well as those of the student.
- Develop strategies on staff motivation and retention
- Ensure that the Performance management/appraisal tool is measurable and objective and conducted fairly.
- Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, increase productivity and retention.
- Ensures that all staff has a good understanding of the company policy and HR procedures.
- Implement and maintain HR procedures to ensure effective, fair and consistent management of staff throughout the organization.
- Provide advice and guidance on individual employee relations cases, ensuring that these are well managed and meet the requirements of the Company policies, best practice and employment legislation
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance e.g. Nigeria Labour Law, International Labour Organization (ILO).
- Establish and maintain appropriate systems for measuring necessary aspects and effectiveness of staff training and development
- Make recommendations on a cost-effective management development programme to support the companyТs people management strategy.
- Develop succession planning strategy necessary for continuity of every role in the company.
- Responsible for cascading the departmental objectives into task for the associates and also conducting appraisals when appropriate.
- Provides day to day performance management guidance to line management (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Review and Ensures that the company policy is updated adequately.
- Good first degree in Business Administration, Finance or relevant discipline
- Possession of a higher degree(s), such as M.Sc., MBA, is desirable
- Strong operational orientation
- Creativity in facilitating workshops and presenting complex matters
- Advanced use of Microsoft office tools (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Strong written, oral communication and presentation skills
- Minimum of Seven (7) years' relevant experience
- Managerial capacity in a similar role, preferably in a multinational FMCG environment
- Strong strategic orientation, interpersonal
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV in Word or PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The subject of the mail must be "HR Manager"
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
1st June, 2020.