Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > International / Multinational > Human Resources Officer at Action Against Hunger
Human Resources Officer at Action Against Hunger
Apr 24, 2020, 11:53 PM
Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resources Officer Location: Monguno, Borno Job Type: Full Time Start date: As Soon As Possible Direct Line Manager: Human Resources Manager
- Oversee the base’s recruitment process
- Ensure that all steps of the recruitment process are followed accordingly at the base level.
- Liaise with managers to initiate recruitment and ensure proper approval by HR and Finance.
- Participate in interviews as necessary.
- Participate in reviewing written technical tests and interview grids for all existing positions and work with the coordination team to develop these tools for new positions.
- Participate in the update of a recruitment tracking database and submit to the HR Manager weekly.
- Manage the posting, advertising, and circulation of vacancies and the screening of received applications at the base level.
- Liaise with managers for technical shortlist and to define the interview panel.
- Ensure interviews and tests are done promptly and proper documentation submitted and filed.
- Ensure proper contract administration for all staff.
- Provide all necessary paperwork needed before making an offer at the Capital level.
- Control that salaries for all staff is matching the mission classification for each employee.
- Follow up on contract dates and contract amendments at the base level to ensure that the processing of contract amendments or end of contract documents on time, communicated, and documented properly.
- Ensure that administrative processes for employee separations are followed properly, and that necessary documentation and information are provided and recorded for the processing of end of contracts.
- Oversee the processing of employee’s salaries and benefits.
- Submit a finalized version of all data needed for the payroll to the HR Manager every month.
- Liaise with Capital to ensure that all information related to the payroll is received and filed promptly.
- Distribute the payslips to all staff every month.
- Work with the HR team at Capital level to ensure that signed timesheets and payslips are received, tracked and filed correctly for all staff.
- Support the HR Manager in a periodic review of the salary scale, benefits and cost of living.
- Support in the mission’s capacity building and career development.
- Support the implement a uniform briefing process across the mission and ensure that it is provided for all new staff.
- Facilitate staff training on HR policy and procedure, as assigned.
- Track the performance appraisal due dates for all staff and follow up with managers and Heads of Base to ensure they are received promptly.
- Participate in the research and identification of training opportunities for staff.
- Ensure the proper follow up and filing of all staff training.
- Extract and track relevant training information from performance appraisals and submit to the HR Team at Capital level to be followed in the Mission Training Plan.
- Supervise and manage staff under your responsibility and provide overall support to the HR Department
- Provide day-to-day management of staff directly under his/her responsibility
- Set objectives with staff under his/her direct management, and appraise their performance following Action Against Hunger performance management policies, identifying areas where they require support and capacity building.
- Provide suggestions on how to improve HR functioning throughout the mission.
- Draft and circulate HR department communications as necessary.
- Ensure the maintenance of Action Against Hunger communication boards.
- In collaboration with the HR team in Abuja, develop and maintain a tracking system for mission statistics.
- Ensure that all HR policies and procedures are followed for staff directly under his/her responsibility
- Implement and ensure the application of the HR policy on the mission and provide advice and support to employees and managers.
- Participate in elaborating projects related to national HR functioning.
- Bachelor's degree in fields related to HR, Administration and Management; Masters’ degree a plus.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in HR and/or administrative support positions.
- Understanding of national labor law and employment norms and practices.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail, highly organized, rigorous, self-motivated, a strong sense of responsibility, ability to work independently.
- Able to maintain confidentiality.
- Capacity for analysis, synthesis, and reporting of large amounts of information.
- Approachable, diplomatic, able to work effectively in diverse, cross-cultural teams in a complex, multi-site work environment.
- Computer literacy including all Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook).
- Previous experience working for INGOs an asset, particularly health-related INGOs.
- Fluency in one or more National/regional languages an asset.
Minimum Basic Salary N236,585 per month
How to Apply Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply Note: Qualified women are strongly encouraged to applyApplication Deadline 1st May, 2020.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts