ICT Assistant at Action Against Hunger
Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: ICT Assistant
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Full Time
Experience Level: Entry Level
Reporting To: ICT Officer
Proposed Start Date: December 2021
- Action Against Hunger is currently looking to fill the role of ICT Assistant who will assist the ICT Officer in all ICT related issues and can provide basic support on Information Systems and Energy for Maiduguri offices.
- Support the ICT Officer to install and configure servers and other network resources for Maiduguri office and sub-bases and the respective users.
- Support the ICT Officer in carrying out energy related tasks for Maiduguri office.
- Backing up of all users’ official data on the server and then server files are backed up on the NAS at scheduled times for Maiduguri office.
- Support the ICT Officer to Carryout regular assets inventory and tracking for Maiduguri.
- Support the ICT Officer to carryout proactive maintenance on all ICT equipment in Maiduguri office and always put them in good working condition.
- Closely monitor the use of all communication services (internet, GSM, satellite and radio) for unprofessional use or any possible abuse and report same to the DHoD - Infra.
- Support the ICT Officer to configure all accounts (email, NHF and other relevant platform) for all users of Maiduguri office and maintain the database for the same location.
- Support the ICT Officer in managing the functionality of all CCTV systems and take responsibility to backing up of all CCTV footages for Maiduguri office.
- Collaborate with the procurement team to see that all requested equipment/services are delivered with the right specifications.
- Bachelor’s Degree / Higher National Diploma in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Telecommunications Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related fields. A non-related field with professional certifications and minimum of 3 years work related experience.
- Capacity for analysis, synthesis and reporting of large amounts of information.
- Excellent attention to detail, highly organized, rigorous, self-motivated, strong sense of responsibility, ability to work independently.
- Strong verbal, written and communication skills, approachable, diplomatic, able to maintain confidentiality, able to work effectively in diverse, cross-cultural teams in a complex, multi-site work environment.
- Fluency in English.
- Professional certificate(s) and/or trainings in the ICT related fields.
- Minimum of 2 years work experience in similar responsibilities is required.
- Previous experience working for NGOs an asset, particularly international related NGOs.
Starting Gross Basic Salary and Other Benefits
- N183,056 per month (excluding other benefits).
- Other benefits include but not limited to 100% health care coverage, free and direct access to Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion
- Action Against Hunger provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- Qualified women are strongly encourage to apply
Application Deadline 23rd November, 2021.