Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > Building and Construction > Job For an Accountant at Proportion Construction and Dredge Works Nigeria Limited
Job For an Accountant at Proportion Construction and Dredge Works Nigeria Limited
May 31, 2018, 5:32 PM
Proportion Construction & Dredge Works Nigeria Limited is in the business of construction built on a foundation of hard work and dedication specializing in General Contracting, Construction Management, Design-Build, Consulting and Concrete. We diversify our strategy to span from Agency, Real Estate Development, Road/Rail and Bridge Construction to Dredging but we do so with a higher purpose. We are recruiting to fill the position below: Job Title: Accountant Location: Abuja Job Description
- As an Accountant, of the company your role involves Preparing asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
- Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Prepare, examine and analyses accounting records, financial statements, and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards. Prepare accounts and balance sheets, profit and loss accounts.
- Preparing and submitting periodical statement of accounts to the management
- Appraise and evaluate inventory real property and equipment, recording information such as the property’s description, value and location
- Provide strong leadership for members of the Account Department
- Prepare tax returns, ensuring compliance with payment, reporting and other tax requirements. Advise clients before taxing authorities. Makes the statements and payments of various taxes to be paid by the company.
- Provide internal and external auditing services for businesses and individuals. Get the balance sheet audited by the concerned authority.
- Keep records of debit/ credit for all suppliers/ contractors and consultants
- Allocation of funds to various departments as per budget provisions.
- Checking of bills with respect to terms and conditions of contract/order
- Minimum of 3-5 years post-Degree experience
- Ability to work extended hours and quality speed
- Good project management, planning, organization and high attention to detail
- Technical competence in Accounting Softwares such as Peachtree, Sage, Etc.
- Professional membership is a must; ACA (ICAN) etc.
- Strong team ethic and proven team leadership, coaching and influencing and negotiation skills
- Good sense of judgment, result-oriented, self-motivated with evident analytical and strategic thinking ability.
- Multiple applications from the same applicant will not be condoned.
- Preference would be given to applicants residing within Abuja
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts