Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > IT and Telecoms > Job for a Network Engineer at Netcom Africa Limited
Job for a Network Engineer at Netcom Africa Limited
Sep 26, 2019, 11:05 PM
Netcom has been Nigeria’s leading Internet Service Provider since 2004, staying ahead of the competition with cutting edge platforms in VSAT, WIMAX, Radio, and Fiber technology. Now, a pioneer in Business Transformation Solutions, we empower organizations to lead their market space by keeping pace with the rapid changes in IT innovations, ensuring relevance to specific business initiatives required to maximize revenue generation. We are recruiting to fill the position below: Job Title: Network Engineer Location: Victoria Island, Lagos Short Summary of the Job
- Reporting to the Head of Engineering, this role will be responsible for participating in IP network operation, infrastructure connectivity and security planning as well as development.
- Participate in IP network operation, infrastructure connectivity, security planning as well as development
- Support network design and implementation for core and client networks
- Conduct network analyzing and troubleshooting
- Coordinate with Regional IP Registry
- Document all network changes
- Ensure all IP devices are secured and within operational limits
- Support daily IP network operation, project management and services monitoring
- Other task assigned by line manager.
- Bachelor's degree in Electronics/Communications/Network/Computer Engineering (or equivalent)
- IP Certification, preferably from Cisco on CCNP level equivalent or above.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in IP Network and System Support
- LAN/WAN technology including: TCP/IP (routers, configuration and setup), Security (firewalls – Cisco, Juniper, Barracuda), Network management (switches, hubs, fiber-optic, cabling, packet sniffing)
- Experience designing last mile access solutions for different environments (DSL, microwave radio, PTP and PTP radio, fibre etc.)
- Strong written and oral communications skills in English
- Willing to perform work or provide support outside office hours
- Highly motivated and resourceful
- Must be a team player and be able to prioritize different request and requirements.
- Hand-on design and operation of network like BGP and MPLS
- Advanced knowledge in Router, Catalyst, Load Balancer, Firewall, Security, Internet Connection, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP4, VPN, Frame Relay, TCP/IP, LAN/ WAN, VLAN, Spanning Tree, Ethereal
- Knowledge in Unix/ Linux, Shell script, IDS, QoS, Video/ Streaming Protocols,
- Experience in ISP and managing a sizable IP network
- Experience in liaising with Regional IP Registry (APNIC, RIPE, AfriNIC etc)
- Knowledge of structure cabling and VoIP.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts