Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > IT and Telecoms > Job for an IT Hardware Repairs Technician at Netcom Africa Limited
Job for an IT Hardware Repairs Technician at Netcom Africa Limited
Sep 26, 2019, 11:02 PM
Netcom has been Nigeria’s leading Internet Service Provider since 2004, staying ahead of the competition with cutting edge platforms in VSAT, WIMAX, Radio, and Fiber technology. Now, a pioneer in Business Transformation Solutions, we empower organizations to lead their market space by keeping pace with the rapid changes in IT innovations, ensuring relevance to specific business initiatives required to maximize revenue generation. We are recruiting to fill the position below: Job Title: IT Hardware Repairs Technician Location: Victoria Island, Lagos Job Summary
- Troubleshooting, diagnostics, repair and testing of computer hardware and peripherals, including laptop and desktop computer systems, printers, routers/switches, circuit boards, computer chips, keyboards, UPS, monitors, etc.
- Test and re-test parts to ensure they work properly.
- Replace and integrate components into the repaired equipment or device.
- Estimate feasibility, timeline, cost, reliability, and safety factors for repairs of defective items.
- Generate specifications for parts and software needed for repairs.
- User support for peripherals, including central processing units (CPUs), support logic, microprocessors, custom integrated circuits, and printers and disk drives.
- Specify power supply requirements and configuration.
- Retrieve and record repair data on ageing, time, cost, quantities of repairs for analysis.
- Identify and isolate defects of items that are not working.
- Prepare diagnostics report including findings, root cause, recommendation.
- Up/Downgrade operating and application software as needed.
- Diagnose, test and repair circuits and other electronic components.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience with common PC desktop and laptop (Windows & Apple) components and peripherals as well as VOIP devices, printers, monitors, KVM switches, tablet/iPad
- Knowledge of servers will be an added advantage.
- 3-5 years of experience in relevant field
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts