Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > Education and Training > Job For Bursar at the Kwara State University, 31st July, 2019
Job For Bursar at the Kwara State University, 31st July, 2019
Jul 31, 2019, 4:04 PM
The Governing Council of the Kwara State University, Malete hereby announces that the position of the Bursar of the University will be vacant with effect from 1st December, 2019. In accordance with the provisions of Section 8 (3) of the First Schedule of the Kwara State University Law 2008 (as amended), the Governing Council in exercise of its powers as contained therein, has decided to commence the process of appointing a new Bursar. Therefore, applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates for the vacant position below: Job Title: Bursar Location: Malete, Kwara The Position
- The Bursar is a Principal Officer and is the Chief Financial Officer of the University, responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day administration and control of the financial affairs of the University.
- He/she should provide the University Management with appropriate advice and support for all of the institution’s financial transactions, including investments.
- The prospective candidate must hold a good first Degree in Accounting from a recognized University. In addition, he must be a member of at least one of the under-listed professional bodies:
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN), or England and Wales, or Scotland, or Ireland;
- Association of National Accountants of Nigeria (ANAN);
- Chartered Association of Certified Accountants (ACCA);
- Institute of Certified Public Accountants (CPA);
- Chartered institute of Cost and Management Accountants (ICMA); and
- The applicant shall be a person of unassailable integrity, with excellent interpersonal relations, good health and competence in the use of ICT for management services.
- The applicant should have a minimum of twelve (12) years cognate experience and must have attained the rank of Deputy Bursar for at least five (5) years in a University environment.
- The successful candidate shall hold office for a renewable term of five years, on such terms and conditions as applicable to Federal Universities In Nigeria and as may be determined by appropriate University Laws and the Council.
- Full Name
- Date of Birth
- Place of Birth and State of Origin
- Permanent Home Address
- Current Postal Address
- Marital Status
- Number of Children with Names and Ages
- Post Desired and Department
- Institutions Attended (with dates)
- Academic Qualifications (with dates)
- Professional Qualifications (with dates)
- Working Experience: General and Specific Experience (with dates)
- Details of Administrative experience and Service to the Community (with status and dates)
- Present Employment, Status, Salary and Employer
- Extra Curricular Activities
- Names and Addresses of three (3) referees (two of whom must be Professionals or an authorities in relevant fields who must be requested by the applicant to forward directly to the Registrar, Confidential Reports on the applicant indicating the post desired.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts