Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > Education and Training > Job For Director General/Chief Executive Officer at the Federal Institute of Industrial Research Oshodi
Job For Director General/Chief Executive Officer at the Federal Institute of Industrial Research Oshodi
Jul 12, 2019, 10:25 AM
The Federal Institute of Industrial Research, Oshodi (FIIRO) is a parastatal under the agency of the Federal Ministry of Science and Technology. FIIRO was the idea of an economic mission sent to Nigeria in 1953 by the World Bank. The mission's observation was that industrial research activities in Nigeria were diffused and uncoordinated with no definite direction. Consequently, a decision was reached to set the Institute in 1956. Applications are invited from suitably qualified Nigerians to fill the vacant position below: Job Title: Director General/Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Location: Lagos Background
- The Institute has the national mandate for Research and Development in Identifying & Characterizing local raw materials for use in industries; Develop appropriate technologies; Upgrading indigenous technologies in the area of food and agro-allied processing and in various non-food use, Develop Pilot scale operations, Assists in the transfer, adaptation and utilization of these technologies by local enterprises and undertake economic evaluation of Projects and consultancy services.
- The Director-General/CEO shall be responsible for the day-to-day management of the Institute.
- The successful candidate appointed as substantive Director-General/CEO shall be responsible through the FIIRO Governing Board to the Federal Ministry of Science and Technology for the attainment of the mandate of the Institute.
- Have had extensive relevant research with verifiable and demonstrable experience as evidenced by at least twenty-five (25) scientific publications in reputable Local and International Peer Reviewed Journals, relevant to Technologies for Processing of Food and Agro-Allied Products, Pulp and Paper.
- Hold membership of reputable Local and International Professional bodies.
- Be computer literate and possess vast experience in the management of a research organization.
- Possess at least a PhD degree in the Physical Sciences such as Food Science and Technology, Chemistry, Microbiology, Biochemistry, all fields of Engineering, Projects Development and Designs, Packaging Designs and Production, and any other discipline relevant to the mandate of the Institute.
- Have obtained his/her first Degree/Higher National Diploma from a recognised Institution with at least fifteen (15) years post- graduation cognate experience, including at least three (3) years’ service as a Director (Research) or its equivalent, and ability to offer effective leadership in an academic environment.
- The tenure of the past is 4 years but renewable based on performance.
- Conditions of service as provided for political, public and judicial office holders (Salaries and Allowance etc. (Amendment) (Bill 2008) and applied to Federal Government Research Institute which may be modified from time to time by competent Federal authorities.
- Personal Particulars:
- Full Name, Dates and Place of Birth, State of Origin, Local Government Area, Marital Status, Physical and Electronic Contact Addresses.
- Educational Background:
- Institutions attended with Dates, Qualifications Obtained with Dates; Membership of Professional Bodies as well as Prizes, Distinctions/Awards obtained.
- Work Experience:
- Present Employer; Positions and Salary;
- Previous Positions held with Dates,
- List of Publications (starting from the most recent) in reputable scientific journals
- Any other relevant information in support of the application.
- Name and Address of three (3) referees (not relations) who should write the references of the applicant’s academic/ professional competence as well as conduct and character and send under confidentiality to the Honourable Minister of Science and Technology.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts