Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answers
End Police brutality in Nigeria. #EndSARSJobs > Manufacturing / FMCG / Industrial > Job For Microbiologist & Food Safety Specialist at Mondelez International LLC, 25th March, 2019
Job For Microbiologist & Food Safety Specialist at Mondelez International LLC, 25th March, 2019
Mar 25, 2019, 1:02 PM
Mondelez International LLC is a whole new company that has been re-imagined with a single focus in mind: create delicious moments of joy by sharing the world’s favorite brands. Launched on Oct. 1, 2012, and employing around 100,000 people around the world, MondelÄ'z International comprises the global snacking and food brands of the former Kraft Foods Inc. We are recruiting to fill the position below: Job Title: Microbiologist & Food Safety Specialist Job Ref #: 1903491 Location: Lagos Career Area: RDQ Schedule: Full-time Job Descriptions
- Ensure microbiological analysis of the applicable Environment Air Quality, Factory Water, Personnel Hygiene Swab, Pathogen Environmental Monitoring. Draft all Microbiological activities procedures and Guidelines and get them approved as required.
- Manage and support the maintenance of GMP compliance to meet and exceed regulatory and Mondelez requirements across site.
- Support in the implementation and Compliance to all Food Safety Requirements (HACCP, Extraneous Matters Control)
- Perform and/or participate in the plant employees’ training with regards to quality awareness/ hygiene GMP/ food safety.
- Support in cleaning validation programme of the site
- Highlight immediately any key compliance Quality and Food Safety related issues that threaten Mondelez / Regulatory compliance
- Support investigation and remedial actions in event of defective products reaching the market or detected on site.
- Support the plans to remove risks that could/would lead to consumer harm or dissatisfaction, regulatory non-compliance and/or damage to the Mondelez brand.
- Support in the conductiing risk assessments where appropriate for existing processes.
- Support the site manufacturing teams and Quality Manager in preparation of external regulatory audits / Global QP audits received by the factories.
- Support the Quality Internal audit programmes across the site.
- Collaborate with and coach operations team colleagues on way of reducing defective products and losses on the process line
- Work with factories to ensure there is a robust Compliance to Foods Safety programs for the site.
- The role is to protect and improve Food Safety across the site and enhance the Consumer / Customer Expectation
- To support the site Quality compliance plan to help drive a culture of everyday Quality compliance.
- Responsible for the QA product verification of finished products and QA release to trade.
- Ensure prompt and accurate microbiological laboratory testing of raw materials, intermediate, packaging materials, and Finished products.
- Training of 3rd party staffs (canteen, Rennet) on Sanitation/GMP compliance
- Driving visibility on sanitation and programs to drive right mindset/culture.
- Sustaining Weekly Quality Moments to create visibility and further understanding of sanitation requirements.
- Maintenance of factory GMP board to give constant focus plus visibility on compliance and sanitation status to all employees in the factory.
- Highlighting Key issues (Employees practices, Infrastructural, production practice etc.) impacting sanitation for each plant to respective team with necessary root cause analysis and corrective action developed with responsible persons.
- Effective follow up on corrective actions to ensure they are closed out at committed timeline to avert postponement of due date.
- Giving necessary support to the plant and environment on Sanitation 1-5 by delegating responsibilities to the Plant Sanitation Leads and Pest Contractors and demanding ownership on sanitation compliance.
- Quarterly pest walkthrough with developed action with stakeholders to close gap and prevent re-occurrence
- Verification & Validation of sanitation effectiveness (e.g. post & pre-operational inspections) with Microbiological tests as per hygiene monitoring program (Non-PEM)
- Development of Standard Operating procedures(SOPs) and Checklist to drive compliance, general cleaning and suit Operational activities
- Employee practices, Infrastructural issues and operational/production practices impacting GMP and Sanitation for each plant are highlighted with Necessary root cause analysis and Corrective action developed and followed-up to ensure they are closed out at committed timeline to arrest postponement of due date
- Audits - Plant Audit, Locker Audit, Laundry Audit, Environment Audit, Canteen Audit, Pest Interior and Exterior Walkthrough Audit.
- Ensures full implementation of the Compliance to Cleaning Schedule program using weekly audit and highlight of sanitation effectiveness in the plants.
- Weekly alignment with Sectional Heads & Team Leads on glide path to close out findings from CCS.
- Integration of sanitation review in the bi-weekly brainstorming Quality circle meetings to provide platform for continual review, assessment and focus on pending gaps of minor/major nonconformance with necessary focus to resolve and realize sanitation improvement.
- Develop GMP violation ticket program to raise further sanitation awareness and minimize to the barest minimum, non-conformance related to GMP employee practices. Align with sectional managers before further discussions and roll out.
- Training of sanitation champions of each plant and align on expected verifications to drive ownership on sanitation compliance
- Graduate degree in Microbiology, Quality Auditing, risk assessment and HACCP knowledge
- Thorough knowledge of GMP, sanitation, HACCP, Extraneous Matters, and PEM rules within a food manufacturing environment
- Proven Profiency in pathogen testing/ evaluation Hygienic design knowledge
- Background in Quality and Hygiene
- Understands and skilled in the practical application of cleaning practices.
- Good analytical skills, Process Management
- Problem-solving and project management, systematic approach in monitoring
- Supervisory skills, ability to influence others, pro-active attitude
- Good communication skills, self-motivated, proactive, self-confidence (exposure to management to highlight problematic areas).
- Strong English communication.
- Practical application of cleaning practices
- Good knowledge of IL6S principles and practical experience in implementation understanding of ISO 9001, FSSC22000, PAS96 requirements
- Advanced PC user (Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Outlook)
- Use of QCMS (SharePoint), iQS and SAP
- Internal auditor of Quality and Food safety management system
- Good computer literacy with standard MS Office and special software.
- Lead Auditor Course ISO 9001 (optional)
- Working Experience of 1-4 years in QA or related functions preferably in food sector
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts