Job For Knowledge Management Specialist at the United Nations Children's Fund, 23rd August, 2018
Aug 23, 2018, 4:43 PM
UNICEF works in 190 countries and territories to protect the rights of every child. UNICEF has spent 70 years working to improve the lives of children and their families. Defending children's rights throughout their lives requires a global presence, aiming to produce results and understand their effects. UNICEF believes all children have a right to survive, thrive and fulfill their potential - to the benefit of a better world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Knowledge Management Specialist
Job Number: 515654
Work Type: Fixed Term Staff
For every child:
- Despite substantial efforts to advance children's rights, children still face poverty, disadvantage, and the impact of the crisis.
How can you make a difference?
Based in Abuja and under the general guidance of the Programme Specialist (Field Results), the Knowledge Management Specialist supports the knowledge management of the office, including external communications. This will be done by:
- Ensure facilitation of knowledge building and management for NCO, and support the use of innovations for effective information-sharing within the office and with external partners, donors, and counterparts.
- Contribute to preparation of donor briefings by updating NCO’s donor and communications information packs with the latest data.
- Maintain and update existing tools and systems for knowledge management (e.g., SharePoint site).
- Design and produce quality infographs, posters and materials that highlight achievement of results for children.
- Ensuring key policy and advocacy issues are available through regular situation reports, briefings, information, data and analysis on UNICEF’s programmes in Nigeria and the emergency response. Working closely within the Management for Results Section, this information will be used to ensure that UNICEF and staff are in the best position for effective advocacy on behalf of children.
- Designing and developing factsheets, infographics, and presentations that communicate results for children.
- Promoting knowledge management within the UNICEF Nigeria Country Office (NCO) to ensure that all staff in Abuja and the field offices are effectively sharing knowledge and information, internally, with partners, donors and counterparts.
- Managing the NCO internal SharePoint team site
- Ensure the collection, supply and exchange of information supportive to UNICEF programmes.
- Prepare high quality reports, briefing materials, factsheets and presentations.
- Fluency in English is required.
- For every Child, you demonstrate.
- UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
- An advanced university degree (Master's or equivalent) in social sciences, communications, or related field.
- A first University Degree in a relevant field combined with 2 additional years of professional experience may be accepted in lieu of an Advanced University Degree.
- A minimum of five (5) years of progressive experience is required especially with experience in design and communication. Experience in Adobe Photoshop (in design), Adobe Illustrator, Prezi, Microsoft Office suite required; Experience working for an operational UN agency or NGO is an advantage.
- Diversity and Inclusion Treats all people with dignity and respect; shows respect and sensitivity towards gender, cultural and religious differences; challenges prejudice, biases and intolerance
- in the workplace; encourages diversity wherever possible.
- Integrity Maintains high ethical standards; takes clear ethical stands; keeps promises;
- immediately addresses untrustworthy or dishonest behavior; resists pressure in
- decision-making from internal and external sources; does not abuse power or authority.
- Commitment Demonstrates commitment to UNICEFâ€Ÿs mission and to the wider UN system; demonstrates the values of UNICEF in daily activities and behaviors; seeks out new challenges, assignments and responsibilities; promotes UNICEFâ€Ÿs cause.
- Communication Speaks fluently; expresses opinions, information and key points of an argument clearly; presents information with skill and confidence; responds quickly to the needs of an audience and to their reactions and feedback; projects credibility; structures information to meet the needs and understanding of the intended audience; presents information in a well-structured and logical way.
- Working with People Shows respect for the views and contributions of other team members; shows empathy; listens, supports and cares for others; consults others and shares
- information and expertise with them; builds team spirit and reconciles conflict; adapts to the team and fits in well.
- Drive for Results Sets high standards for quality of work; monitors and maintains quality of work; works in a systematic, methodical and orderly way; consistently achieves project goals; focuses on the needs and satisfaction of internal and external partners; accepts and tackles demanding goals with enthusiasm.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 23rd August, 2018.