Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > Education and Training > Job Vacancies at Jesuit Memorial College (JMC), Rivers State - 5th August 2019
Job Vacancies at Jesuit Memorial College (JMC), Rivers State - 5th August 2019
Aug 5, 2019, 1:03 AM
Jesuit Memorial College (JMC) is Catholic boarding secondary school in Port Harcourt, Nigeria for boys and girls. Open to all, Christians and non-Christians, it is owned and run by the Society of Jesus (Jesuits). It was opened in 2013 in memory of 60 students of Loyola Jesuit College, Abuja, Nigeria who died in Sosoliso plane crash of 10 December 2005. JMC provides a well-rounded education in terms of conscience, competence, commitment and compassion. We are recruiting to fill the positions below: Job Title: Library Attendant Location: Rivers Job Summary
- The Library Attendant assists the librarian in all areas especially in ensuring that the school’s library facilities are in good order and accessible to students throughout the school day and at night during Study Hall.
- Like every other member of staff, the library attendant is above all a role model for every student.
- B.Sc (Library Science) or its equivalent is required. Any relevant higher degree or qualification is an advantage.
- At least 2 years experience in a similar role. Any relevant experience is an advantage.
- Effective communication and presentation skills, good command of English Language, good understanding of adolescent psychology, good interpersonal skills, a team player, ability to work effectively with minimum supervision, proficiency in use of Office Suites like Microsoft Word and Power Point.
- The Teacher of Chemistry will plan, prepare and deliver instruction to students in Basic 7-9 and Senior Secondary 1-3 (SS 3) in accordance with the Nigerian National Policy on Education and regulations of Jesuit Memorial College.
- The teacher will cover effectively and efficiently every item in the scheme of work in use in the school while also teaching the students all they need to know in everyday life in relation to Chemistry and Basic Science.
- Over and above all, every teacher in Jesuit Memorial College is a role model to the students.
- B. Ed (Chemistry) or its equivalent is required. Any higher degree or qualification, especially in the field of Chemistry, is an advantage.
- At least 2 years teaching experience in a similar role. Any other experience relating to Chemistry is an advantage.
- Effective communication and presentation skills,
- Good command of English Language,
- Good understanding of adolescent psychology,
- Good interpersonal skills, a team player,
- Ability to work effectively with minimum supervision,
- Proficiency in use of Office Suites like Microsoft Word and Power Point.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts