Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > International / Multinational > Job Vacancy for FSL Officer at Solidarites International (SI)
Job Vacancy for FSL Officer at Solidarites International (SI)
Oct 2, 2019, 11:10 AM
Solidarites International (SI) is a French humanitarian organisation operating for over 35 years who is committed to providing aid in the event of conflict and natural disasters. Our mission is to provide aid as quickly and as efficiently as possible to endangered populations by meeting their vital needs: water, food and shelter. SI has started activities in North-eastern Nigeria in August 2016 in the fields of Wash and is now intervening in 4 areas of the state for Wash and Shelter activities. We are recruiting to fill the position below: Job Title: FSL Officer Location: Monguno Beginning of contract: 21/10/2019 Contract duration: 3 months (with possibility of extension) Probation period: 1 months Mission
- Under the direct supervision of the Food Security and Livelihoods Assistant Programme Manager, the Food Security and Livelihoods officer is responsible for the daily implementation and monitoring of the FSL activities.
- He/she provides full support and training to FSL workers and daily workers on assigned program activities on the field.
- Mobilize the targeted communities and create awareness about the project activities; make sure that the projects’ objectives and the selection criteria are well understood and accepted by the communities
- Establish and maintain good relations with key stakeholders and communities in the area of intervention to know their perceptions of the operations and to understand the needs, complaints, and major events that may have an impact on the activities of Solidarités International
- Listen to the communities and stakeholders in the field and report to his/her project manager any non-technical or safety-related issues which could affect the activities or safety of Solidarités International teams
- Participate in the identification, registration, verification and selection of the project beneficiaries, according to defined selection criteria, as well as verification processes, in collaboration with community stakeholders’ committees
- Prepare and submit weekly and monthly activity plans to the FSL Assistant Programme Manager as required
- Participate in periodic FSL assessments including needs assessment, market assessments, activity feasibility assessments and any other Food Security and livelihood-related assessments
- Support MEAL team in activities monitoring (market assessments, baseline, endline, post distribution monitoring, price monitoring, focused group discussions, vendor monitoring etc)
- Plan and sensitize of beneficiaries on use of smartcards, payment mechanism, their rights and benefits.
- Training of vendor on how to use the devices in making transaction and supervision of vendor’s transaction and recording the problem
- Monitor vouchers distribution processes to beneficiaries at the local vendor locations and deal with any arising complaints.
- Coordinate with vendors on timing of cash and voucher disbursement, and mobilize beneficiaries for cash and voucher collection at vendor disbursement sites.
- Sensitize key stakeholders, communities and participating households on the project objectives, timelines and other general project details.
- Responsible for planning and implementing the FSL project activities in the field, including IGAs, VSLAs, Livestock recapitalization, Basic Needs Assistance and Agricultural input support etc.
- Ensure proper follow-up of the beneficiaries and provision of adequate technical support during activity implementation
- Participate in identifying the training needs among the population and propose appropriate contents and training support material for the training sessions and awareness messages to be disseminated
- Support complaint response mechanism by receiving, recording and reporting complaints from beneficiaries, community leaders, community volunteers and other stakeholders
- Use the monitoring tools provided
- Take part in weekly program meetings and cluster meetings on request
- Report back any problems and constraints encountered during the course of the activities, including safety issues, to his/her direct manage
- Document project impact through success stories, case studies and lessons learned, etc.
- Collaborate with the other components of the FSL department and support them when asked
- Coordinate with support staff (logistic and administration) and all staff involved on the program.
- Participate in the files archiving at Solidarités International’s office, accessible to the whole team
- Draw up and submit a weekly report to his/her direct manager
- Ensure that documentation is properly done for all items distributed (donation certificates, delivery notes, beneficiary lists and supply request order)
- Languages: fluent in English, Kanori, Hausa, Shua (additional languages a plus)
- Personal qualities: reliable, honest, very good organization, resistance to stress, capacity to delegate and to manage, initiative and autonomy, capacity of prioritisation of tasks, work under tight deadlines
- Professional experience of 2 years in similar position
- Training: university Degree in Agriculture, Food Security or any related field
- Experience on cash and voucher assistance (paper or electronic voucher)
- Relevant experience in livestock intervention as an early recovery response
- Relevant experience on food items distribution and monitoring will be highly appreciated
- Experience on VSLA methodology and monitoring IGA activities
- Project related skills: good knowledge of the project cycle, project implementation, project follow up and reporting
- IT skills: Word and Excel, Outlook, Design, Auto CAD, GIS, data collection and analysis software a plus.
- In accordance with SI's Terms of Employment; for national staff in Nigeria (B2-1)
- Please submit your application by Clicking on the following link: SI Recruitment Nigeria, select Monguno FSL Officer fill the form and attach your CV
- The CV attached must be named with your name and surname.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts