Laboratory Technologist at Nile University of Nigeria
Nile University of Nigeria is a fast-growing private higher education institution located in Abuja. The University was founded in 2009 and is a member institution of Honoris United Universities, the first and largest Pan African network of Higher Institutions. Nile University has over 6,000 undergraduate and postgraduate students, 38 undergraduate programs across six faculties, as well as 51 postgraduate programs across six faculties.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Laboratory Technologist
Location: Jabi, Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
About the Job
- We are recruiting to engage a highly competent and result-oriented Laboratory Technologist with strong personal & professional integrity to join our dynamic Pharmacology Department
- Perform pre‐class setup of apparatus, reagents, and materials for pharmaceutical practical classes.
- To assist in routine teaching/research laboratory works by performing maintenance and other general maintenance duties
- To provide general teaching-research support
- Perform quality control procedures and maintain such records, resolve discrepancies arising from such tests, and document all corrective measures taken.
- Involved in the daily operations, maintenance and upkeep of the laboratories and teaching facilities.
- Prepare documents for safety audits and assist in the update of safety documents.
- Serve as the point of contact for safety communication to students and departmental staff.
- Teach new Technicians, and medical students techniques in clinical pharmacology testing
- Provide in‐class operational support and facilitate the conduct of selected undergraduate practical classes.
- Provide advice on equipment, chemicals, reagents etc to procure as required by the teaching and research laboratory or projects
- Investigates problems with equipment, test results, specimens, and/or workflow.
Qualification & Experience
- B.Sc. in Science Laboratory Technology with a major in Physiology / Pharmacology or any related discipline
- A Master's Degree in Pharmacology is an added advantage
- At least 4 years of cognate/practical experience in a Medical Laboratory and with good standing in the field of clinical pharmacology, chemical synthesis or analytical methods or molecular biology
- Basic understanding of biosafety and good laboratory practices
- A proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Affiliation with a Professional body
- Must be adept in the use of MS Office Packages.
- Able to work independently and in a team setting
- Experience in pre‐class preparation and running of science laboratory classes will be an advantage.
- Good knowledge of laboratory practices.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email
Application Deadline 14th October, 2022.
- Your current curriculum vitae (CV) in a PDF, saved with your full name.
- A Cover Letter explaining how you meet the advertised criteria (also in a PDF).
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted