Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > Power / Steel / Energy > Latest Job at Deep Blue Energy Services Limited (DBESL) for a Legal Counsel
Latest Job at Deep Blue Energy Services Limited (DBESL) for a Legal Counsel
Apr 1, 2019, 8:24 PM
Deep Blue Energy Services Limited (DBESL), is a resource and solution management company that specializes in assisting international/Local companies in identifying Potential market opportunities, assisting with permits, sourcing highly skilled employees, bidding on and negotiating contracts and navigating the often complex political and policy environment of many sub Saharan African countries. We are recruiting to fill the below position: Job Title: Legal Counsel Location: Lagos Island, Lagos Job Shift: Day Job Category: Oil & Gas Job Type: Contract Career Level: Experienced (Non-Manager) Descriptions
- Assist the Company Secretary in company secretarial functions for Company and all its affiliates in Nigeria to include liason with other E&P branch entities and HQ.
- Undertake legal research work and provide legal advisory services to relevant departments on a wide range of issues including fiscal and finance matters, commercial issues, labour related matters, interpretation of laws, contractual obligations etc.
- Provide legal support to the TEPNG Corporate by analysis of legal risks and impact of potential transactions, specifically the Corporate entities including oil and gas commercial through participating in negotiation meetings, review of agreements and proffering of legal opinions.
- Provide legal opinions to other relevant Departments on a wide range of issues.
- Identify, analyse and interpret national and international statutory and regulatory texts and contractual documents at draft stage or in force.
- Handle routine legal dossiers and occasionally averagely complex legal dossiers without (or with limited) supervision and take part in negotiations with partners, contractors and government agencies.
- Provide legal support and opinions as may be required to AOBO, New Energies, Commercial, Finance, Human Resources, Government Relations / Communications and HSE etc.
- Handle Tax related matters and provide support for non-operated assets with respect to the following assets: NLNG; SNEPCO); and Unitizations
- Participate in OPTS activities and provide timely opinion on legal and regulatory issues that affect the company and the oil and gas industry.
- Assist the Legal Manager in preparation of reports: SOX ARO reports, etc
- Draft and review company leases and acquisition agreements in accordance with the company management procedure on leases and acquisition.
- Ensure legal security and optimisation of the dossiers and sectors entrusted to Legal Counsel. Involvement in litigation and arbitration matters within the Corporate District and representing the company in court and tribunals. Attend court and liaise with external counsel on corporate litigation matters involving the company and affiliates as may be assigned by the Legal Manager.
- Carry out all such functions as may be assigned by the Legal Manager, Corporate or the General Counsel.
- Candidate should possess Degree in Law
- Age between 25 Years - 55 Years
- Must have at 8 year work experience
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts