Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answers
End Police brutality in Nigeria. #EndSARSJobs > Business and Finance > Vacancies at Stanbic IBTC Bank
Vacancies at Stanbic IBTC Bank
Feb 27, 2020, 9:17 AM
Stanbic IBTC Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa's financial system for 150 years, and now spans 16 countries across the African continent. Standard Bank is a firm believer in technical innovation, to help us guarantee exceptional client service and leading edge financial solutions. Our growing global success reflects our commitment to the latest solutions, the best people, and a uniquely flexible and vibrant working culture. To help us drive our success into the future, we are looking for resourceful individuals to join our dedicated team at our offices.
We are recruiting to fill the positions below: Job Title: Legal Officer - Corporate & Investment Banking Job ID: 43797 Location: Island, Lagos Job Sector: Banking Reports To: The Head, Corporate & Investment Banking Legal
Job Details Legal: guidance across all areas and geographies to ensure: every transaction is appropriately negotiated, documented and implemented, losses arising from litigation are minimised, and legal issues carrying negative reputational consequences are avoided. Job Purpose
- Partnering with the CIB embedded Legal teams in the Africa Regions countries and Johannesburg and the CIB Legal team Africa Regions to ensure an aligned and consistent level of service to the business.
- Working closely with other Corporate & Investment Banking (“CIB”) Lawyers, the job holder will provide legal, regulatory, reputational and transactional advice and support in relation to the Client Coverage, Investment Banking, Global Markets and Transactional Products and services activities of Stanbic IBTC Bank PLC and Stanbic IBTC Capital Limited (together “Stanbic IBTC”), with the objective of assisting the business leaders of those businesses in achieving their business goals in a manner consistent with sound risk management.
- Working closely with other CIB Lawyers to identify legal risks, providing actionable, solution-orientated advice to mitigate those risks, reporting incidents of non-compliance as necessary and ensuring risks are properly understood and mitigated;
- Where appropriate, drafting legal documentation;
- Manage all legal implementation of transactions.
- Develop and maintain strong and lasting relationships with various stakeholders across the organisation.
- Proactively develop and manage strong working relationships with front office staff and across business units.
- Build and maintain strong networks of internal clients and external parties.
- Engaging and working collaboratively with deal team members in cross border and multi jurisdictions to develop a harmonised approach to common issues and policies;
- Gain confidence of credit and other committees as a trusted legal adviser.
- Work within the CIB Legal team but independently on transactions.
- Build relationships with external counsel and other members of the CIB Legal team.
- Handle difficult situations tactfully and diplomatically.
- Provide legal support to the client coverage, investment banking, global markets and transactional products and services businesses
- Working closely with / and supporting the other CIB Lawyers, Head, Corporate & Investment Banking Legal and Head, Country Legal Services to provide the client coverage, investment banking, global markets and transactional products and services businesses with appropriate legal support.
- Being a trusted, solution-driven legal advisor and value-added partner to the client coverage, investment banking, global markets and transactional products and services businesses by providing timely, commercial and judgment-based legal advice, input and oversight. This facilitates informed, risk-based decision-making by the front office stakeholders in their activities and seamless coordination and implementation of deals;
- Engaging and working closely with external legal counsel as and when required and ensuring their accountability, cost efficiency and competitiveness and excellence in expertise and service delivery.
- Competencies required in delivering accurate and relevant results and assessing risk including attention to detail, delivery of accurate and relevant research, proactivity and timeous delivery of requirements, ownership of problems, understanding of impact of non-delivery and sub-standard performance.
- Strong commercial awareness, analytical abilities and problem- solving skills sufficient to maximise the solutions available within a given regulatory and legal context;
- Strong communication skills with the ability to effectively apply verbal, nonverbal and written communication methods to achieve desired results using a flexible interpersonal style. Demonstrates a sophisticated level of front line negotiation skills and professionalism in dealing with others.
- Influential skills sufficient to shape the decision-making process in situations where there may be a natural resistance to the advice.
- Strong work ethic
- Financial literacy (basic understanding of finance and financial terminology and concepts)
- LLB Law Degree
- BL Degree with at least 5 years post qualification experience with a solid technical grounding in corporate and commercial law, capital markets, banking and finance, corporate banking, syndicated loans, corporate finance and derivatives.
- Has sound technical understanding of Nigerian law and experience in corporate and commercial law, capital markets, banking and finance, corporate banking, capital raising, syndicated loans, corporate finance and derivatives and ability to translate and apply this knowledge to optimise the Corporate and Investment Banking relationship.
- Knowledge and awareness of the legal and regulatory frameworks in Nigeria governing various aspects of corporate and investment banking;
- Risk Management - Understands and manages strategic and operational risk within the relevant legal agreements, including understanding and conforming to the relevant processes and procedures within Legal (Risk) and all the CIB areas.
- Financial industry regulatory framework
- Written and verbal communication
- Risk awareness
- Legal Drafting
- Legal knowledge
- Legal compliance
How to Apply Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply
Job Title: Information Security Architect Job ID: 46144 Location: Island, Lagos Job Sector: Banking
Job Details Information Technology: systems development, business analysis, architecture, project management, data warehousing, infrastructure, maintenance and production. Job Purpose
- To ensure that incoming and existing systems and services meet the best cyber security standards. This will involve setting security requirements and baselines, evaluating design proposals, working with other technical leads (internal and external) to mitigate risk
- Be a point of contact for cyber security advice within the cyber team for stakeholders throughout Stanbic IBTC.
- To be part of the Information security team, interfacing with projects, technical leads, and other members of the technical architecture team
- Determines security requirements by evaluating business strategies and requirements; researching information security standards; conducting system security and vulnerability analyses and risk assessments; studying architecture/platform; identifying integration issues; preparing cost estimates.
- Participates in investigation, evaluation, selection and documentation of new approaches, methods and technologies, conducting research and providing documented and evaluated architectural options to meet requirements.
- Builds strong relationships and communication channels with key internal and external stakeholders to ensure that all relevant areas of the business are represented in the design of solutions within the area of responsibility.
- Selects appropriate cyber security design and documentation standards in consultation with internal stakeholders and ensures that the documentation of existing architecture is maintained and accessible to all interested parties.
- Holds ownership and responsibility for the cyber security area of Stanbic IBTC digital architecture, providing technical leadership for on-going development of digital solutions; works with internal and external stakeholders, assisting projects and programmes by coordinating the cyber security architecture, requirements, design and implementation thereby ensuring consistency and compliance with relevant architectural principles, policies and standards.
- Design, build and document evaluated architectural options for solutions in response to business requirements (including risks, costs, implications, opportunities, etc).
- Acts as a cyber security technical lead in product and vendor selection providing the security evaluation of products, options and responses to tenders.
- Enhances security team accomplishments and competence by planning delivery of solutions; answering technical and procedural questions for less experienced team members; teaching improved processes; mentoring team members.
- Strong team-orientated interpersonal skills; ability to effectively interface with a wide variety of people at all levels
- Self-motivated and able to work under little supervision.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to interact with users at all levels.
- Must be service orientated
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Minimum of 8 years experience in IT Security / Communication or Network
- Good network experience
- Strong customer focus and ability to manage client expectations
- Proven ability to work under stress in emergencies; flexibility to handle pressure coming from all directions simultaneously
- SABSA, CISSP, ISO 27001 Lead Implementer, etc would be beneficial
- Experience with AWS and Microsoft Enterprise, Mobility & Security Suite.
- First degree in Science related courses
How to Apply Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts