Manager - Costing and Profitability at MTN Nigeria
MTN Nigeria - The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Manager - Costing and Profitability
Job Identification: 3703
Job Schedule: Full time
Job Category: MTN Level 3
Mission/ Core Purpose of the Job
- Responsible for the development of the various costing models for the Bayobab capacity and services portfolio.
- He or She will also be responsible for contributing towards the establishment and implementation of the costing and pricing principles and methodologies.
- The role will ensure that Bayobab improves on revenues streams by enhancing its competitive position in the wholesale business and international carrier relations business (for wholesale customers, OpCos and GEBU demand requirements) while improving its overall margins on new and existing business.
Key Performance Areas: Core, essential responsibilities / outputs of the position (KPA's)
The Manager Costing & Profitability role will be accountable to achieve the following objectives:
- Develop the strategy for optimizing and managing costing framework for Bayobab capacity.
- Develop and implement costing principles that will be applied to set the prices and other charges including price caps, price guidelines and other price controls for the various products
- Carry out all necessary studies, analyses and cost calculations with the aim of minimizing the cost of international services by developing relationships with 3rd party suppliers and OpCo’s
- Provide support to the product management teams on product development and pricing as relates to multi-OpCo infrastructure
- Ensure connectivity sourcing deals afford optimal benefit to MTN and MTN’s clients, considering price, quality, SLAs and speed of delivery
- Derive the pricing principles based on market trends and market analysis for price benchmarking purposes in order to maintain relevant price books.
- Align with the various internal teams, particularly the tax and compliance teams in order to manage issues relating to withholding taxes, transfer pricing and ensure full alignment to group policy.
- Identify the Bayobab submarine connectivity costs and pricing by analyzing the competitive environment from a global perspective and collating inputs from the OpCos on competitive offers received for international connectivity
- Gather OpCo’s terrestrial connectivity costing inputs, with focus on the wholesale components for backhaul and last mile from the cable landing stations
- Support in the sourcing of 3rd party connectivity when required, ensuring to meet the target price and quality requirements
- Costing Model framework for Bayobab capacity and services
- Costing and pricing strategy of wholesale fixed connectivity solutions (subsea and terrestrial)
- Support the pricing methodologies for Opcos and internal connectivity services
- Initiate and support Initiatives to improve margins on new and existing services
- Regular market analysis and price benchmarking in order to maintain relevant price books
- Constant engagement with Tax and Finance to ensure full compliance on group policies.
- Bayobab sales, technical, product and finance teams
- Bayobab OpCo and Group Enterprise demand management teams.
Job Requirements (Education, Experience and Competencies)
- Minimum 4-year Academic Degree (Commerce, BBA, Engineering /Computer or Business Science)
- Post graduate qualification MBA / Masters (Economics, Engineering /Computer Science) preferred
- English, French and Arabic (as advantage)
- 5+ years relevant cost modelling and pricing experience in the fixed line international telecommunication industry preferably in carrier business with a good technical understanding as well.
- Able to work effectively with multiple stakeholders in a multi-cultural environment
- Strong analytical skills to adequately anticipate demand & provide recommendations for decision making
- Ability to identify key issues in a situation and to think creatively and strategically in facing internal and external challenges.
- A working knowledge of business practices
- Knowledge of risk management and business development
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 3rd December, 2023.