Medical Director / CEO at Federal Neuro-Psychiatric Hospital, Barnawa
The Federal Neuro-Psychiatric Hospital, Barnawa hereby invites applications from interested and suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Medical Director / CEO
Job Description and Responsibilities
- The Medical Director is the Head of the Institution. He is accountable to the Board of Management and the Honorable Minister of Health
- The Medical Director is charged with the responsibility for the execution of policies and matters affecting the day to day Management of the affairs of the Hospital.
- Candidates must be Medical or Dental practitioners registered with the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria (MDCN) of not less than twelve (12) years post-graduation
- Candidates must possess a current practicing license from Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria (MDCN).
- Candidates must be a fellows of either National Postgraduate Medical College of Nigeria or West African Postgraduate Medical College or its equivalent register able by the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria (MDCN).
- Candidates must be medically fit (ATTACH EVIDENCE).
- Candidate must be of proven good character and integrity: clinical experience(s) / Medical Research is an added advantage.
- Administrative experience, preferably in a Tertiary Hospital setting is an added advantage
- Knowledge of Computer/Information and Communication Technology is an added advantage.
- Attraction of funded grant(s) by individual candidates an added advantage.
- Candidates must have been consultant for a minimum of five (5) years.
- Candidates possessing membership with the Association of Psychiatrists in Nigeria (APN) is an added advantage
Salary and Allowance
Salary and allowances will be in accordance with Public Service Salary structure for this category of officer.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are to submit Fifteen (15) copies of their Application Letters and Curriculum Vitae in a sealed envelope and addressed to:
The Director of Administration / Secretary to the Board,
Federal Neuro-Psychiatric Hospital,
PMB 2187, Barnawa,
- Candidate should enclose his/her vision statement for the Hospital in the next four (4) years in not more than 1000 words.
- The Curriculum must include the names and addresses of three (3) referees, one of whom must be a Senior Medical or Dental Practitioner of not less than twenty (20) years post qualification experience and who should be in a position to attest to the Candidate's Academic, Professional and Managerial abilities as well as moral character and uprightness.
- This should be accompanied by recommendation letters from the referees.
- Candidates are to strictly abide by the content of the advert
Application Deadline 17th January, 2022.