Mobile Equipment Tyreman at APM Terminals
APM Terminals is the global terminal operating arm of the A.P. Moller-Maersk Group. APM Terminals operates a Global Terminal Network of 76 operating port and terminal facilities and 117 Inland Services operations in 59 countries around the globe.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Mobile Equipment Tyreman
Category: Engineering / Facilities
- Ensure that recognized safe working practices are utilized for all terminal operations and maintain effective implementation of safety policies and procedures
- Provide first line of response for any accident / incident investigation, emergency situations and damage assessments
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment and ensures waste disposal is performed as per company procedures.
- Checks tyres and wheels of all rubber tyred equipment to ensure safe working and maximum availability
- Monitors and records wear and tear of wheels, tyres and tubes, ensuring cost effectiveness and increased life expectancy of tyres
- Safekeeping and record keeping of new wheels, tyres and tubes and retread tyres and accessories
- Assists the Engineering Technicians during major breakdowns on equipment
- To carry out repairs to defects as per Examiners defect list. To ensure safe working and minimize breakdowns to machinery and equipment.
- Removes and replaces damaged and defective wheels, tyres and tubes to ensure the safe working of equipment and maximum availability
- A Degree / Diploma in Tyre Repair and Management or related discipline and at least 2 years experience as Vulcanizer / Tyre Repair and Maintenance Personnel in a container terminal or engineering / heavy duty equipment repair environment
- Knowledge of Tyre change practice, Code of practice, Forklift, Power tools, Reach Stacker, Man Lift, Empty Handler, Trucks
- Have a valid Driving License.
- Trade test certificate in tyre repair and maintenance
- APM Terminals offers tremendous growth, career and leadership opportunities for those with the ambition, drive and dedication to become one of the best.
- An opportunity to be part of a high performance team that ensures APM Terminals is the most efficient, safe and profitable terminals in the region.
- Working with partners, shareholders, authorities and other stakeholders.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 26th May, 2021.