Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > NGO / Humanitarian > Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant at The Civil Society Scaling-Up Nutrition in Nigeria (CS-SUNN)
Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant at The Civil Society Scaling-Up Nutrition in Nigeria (CS-SUNN)
May 25, 2020, 11:32 PM
The Civil Society Scaling-Up Nutrition in Nigeria (CS-SUNN) is a non-governmental, non-profit making coalition, made up of organizations with a shared vision to transform Nigeria into a country where every citizen has food and is nutrition secured. CS-SUNN pursues this lofty goal by engaging and mobilizing Government and Non-state actors to advocate for relevant policy implementation, raise awareness, generate evidence, build capacity and stimulate communities to scale-up nutrition in Nigeria, with special focus on maternal and child nutrition. The organizational capacity of CS-SUNN to become a leading voice on nutrition advocacy in Nigeria led to the SUN Movement Pooled Fund Project.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant Location: Abuja
- The Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant under the supervision of the Project’s Manager will support the team to make the best decisions that will highly impact on the quality, accountability, effectiveness and performance of the Pooled Fund Project.
- The ability to source and support new funding opportunities as well as professional management of stakeholders (Donor, Government, Private Sector, Partners) relationships is crucial for the organisation.
- Monitor and evaluate all project activities, expenditures and progress towards achieving the project goals and objectives.
- Monitor and evaluate overall progress on achievement of results.
- In coordination with the Head of programme, develop, manage and maintain strategic partnerships with all stakeholders.
- Monitor, analyze and consolidate relevant grant information and disseminate where relevant within CS-SUNN.
- Work with the Finance and Programme staff to ensure the effective utilization of grants monitoring systems in terms of projections and forecasting, monitoring of expenditure, negotiations with grantors for budget modifications and completion of project reports.
- Participate in the research and active identification of grant opportunities and develop grant proposals in line with agreed organizational procedures to suit the requirements of different donors.
- Ensure focus on targeted objectives and deliverable.
- Provide inputs, information and statistics for quarterly, annual and other reports to Project Management Team.
- Design appropriate M&E tools and provide support on the use of the tools.
- Participate in annual project reviews and planning workshops and assist the Monitoring and Evaluation Manager in preparing relevant reports.
- Assist Project Team in the preparation of reports on the findings and lessons learnt from project activities.
- Sustain effective Improvement and growth through the capturing of learnings learnt on the organisations successes and failures.
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to CS-SUNN and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission. Sexual exploitation and abuse breaches humanitarian accountability and the “do no harm” principle. CS-SUNN is committed to an institutional culture of trust and integrity that prevents and addresses sexual misconduct of any kind.
- Produce and regularly update a comprehensive mapping of all donor opportunities.
- Provide inputs and updated information on project outcomes on CS-SUNN’s website
- Constantly provide evidence-based feedbacks and reports that could support to the strengthening of the growth and development of CS-SUNN
- Update and share the Monitoring and Evaluation plan regularly.
- Perform other duties as required.
- A seasoned graduate BA/BSc. /HND.
- Emotionally intelligence and positive attitude to work, team and organisation.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Applications especially excel and any other statistical package.
- Minimum of 2 years working experience.
- Knowledge of data analysis, management and reporting. Relevant Certifications in M&E and related fields will be an added advantage.
How to Apply Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply Note: Only selected candidates will be invited for the interviewApplication Deadline 31st May, 2020.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts