Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at Center for Community Health and Development International
The Center for Community Health and Development International is a non-discriminatory, non-governmental organization with a mandate to improve the health and quality of life of Nigeria's rural children and women. CHAD was established in 2002 by a group of women from different religious and ethnic background in Gombe state, North East Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Project type: Fixed Contract
Duration: 10 months with possible extension
- Work alongside Project team in establishing project log frames, M&E work plans, and targets during the drafting of project proposals.
- Provide technical leadership and support to project and collaborate staff in planning and implementing M&E systems and activities, data-based program, decision-making, and results reporting
- Supervise and mentor project data entry staff
- Collaborate with the Finance officer, to help develop a system to track and report cost-related data for each program element to reinforce financial and budgetary strategies and allocations during planning periods.
- Responsible for handling, documenting, confidentiality and security of all informational resources related to feedback and complaints from beneficiaries.
- Support complains and feedback mechanism, including communicating response to complainants; liaise with programmes and operations to ensure prompt follow-up on feedback and complaints received.
- Ensure timely and accurate submission of project activities to program manager
- Conduct field visits for data validation, to monitor the quality and completeness of data sets.
- Coordinate data collection at project sites to monitor program development and ensure timely compilation and reporting of data.
- Capture and document lessons learned; champion scaling up best practices.
- Prepare and implement trainings on monitoring/data gathering tools to field office.
- Attend any information management related trainings, meetings and workshops.
Required Qualifications, Competences and Experience
- First Degree in Statistics or in relevant studies.
- Must have completed NYSC
- Hausa Proficiency is a must.
- Proven experience in working with multi-disciplinary teams is required.
- 3-5 years professional experience as M&E Officer
- Spoken and written language skills in English is required with the ability to produce quality report
Other knowledge, Additional Competences:
- Excellent planning and organizing skills
- Have experience in working with children on research issues as well knowledge of child safeguarding policy and child protection.
- Ability to appreciate cultural, religious and ethnic diversity
- Excellent diplomacy and persuasion skills
- Ability to work under pressure often to strict deadlines.
- Ability to contribute to complex technical assistance programmes/projects
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter not more than 3 pages to: email@example.com using the job title as the subject of the mail.
- Letter should be addressed to the Human Resource Officer, Center for Community Health and Development (CHAD) International.
- CHAD provides equal opportunity in employment and prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. CHAD International encourages all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
- Application submitted after deadline will not be honored
Application Deadline 5th October, 2021.