Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > Recruitment / Consulting Company > Nigeria Field Specialist at One Acre
Nigeria Field Specialist at One Acre
Jan 24, 2020, 12:13 PM
One Acre, founded in 2006, fund supplies smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural trainings to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund. We serve more than 800,000 farm families in Eastern and Southern Africa, with more than 7,500 full-time staff, and we aim to serve 1 million farm families by 2020.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nigeria field specialist Location: Minna, Niger Duration: Full-time Job Preferred Start Date: As soon as possible
- In 2019, the Nigeria pilot program expanded to serve +500 farmers, with an emphasis on learning what our customers want and how to provide it sustainably.
- As the Field Specialist, you will support the team responsible for daily interactions with our farmers while executing the strategy to enroll and serve more clients in 2020+. The Nigerian field team executes and manages all field-‐facing communication and operations of the program, including overseeing all required content, tools and KPI’s on a weekly basis.
- The team is at the center of the Nigeria’s program and plays a major role in shaping the nature of the Nigerials pilot long-term. The Field Specialist reports to the Nigeria Field Operations Associate.
- You will execute goals and monitor data collection and analysis efforts, to ensure that the program is learning the right things from regular interactions with farmers.
- You will support an expansion strategy, exploring program-fit in new areas of Niger State and other states in Nigeria, while engaging local leadership and farmers alike to partner with us.
- You will support the Field Operations team throughout the annual cycles of sales, deliveries, extension services, and loan collection, while exploring and testing ways to increase the number of clients each team member can support.
- You will support the Field Officer training program, from hiring and onboarding to salesmanship, agricultural support, and customer satisfaction.
- You will lead efforts to integrate new technology into the daily work of the Field Team to increase their capacity to manage new and recurring customer needs.
- You will invest in the skill-building of the Field Team staff- salesmanship, agricultural knowledge, and pedagogical capabilities- to drastically increase their ability to connect with, educate, and serve farmers.
- You will work with the Research and Development team to research and test different interventions, with a focus on understanding what farmers want and how the program can provide those products and services.
- Aside the Field Associate you will support lead a team of ten to fifteen full-time staff, investing in fantastic farmer services, with the chance to grow the team threefold in future seasons.
- Supervise, mentor and develop team leaders to take on increasing levels of independence and responsibility within the team.
- Design and carrying out key trainings for field leaders
- We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people.
- You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance.
- We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals.
- You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
- Work experiences in agricultural or startup environments. An ideal candidate played a supportive/leading role in the launch of a startup, early stage growth company, or new product/market in an established company. Preferably in West Africa.
- Ready and able to identify & solve problems as they arise across the progrmme
- Comfortable celebrating failure when it leads to learning and iteration.
- Work with quantitative and qualitative information to make decisions in the context of uncertainty.
- Leadership and mentorship experience, preferably some experience leading individuals/ teams and providing professional development support for others.
- Demonstrated efficiency with MS Office and specifically fluency in Microsoft Excel. Excellent communication-conversational, email, and written.
- Strong writing skills and ability to translate technical and complex concepts into concise and easily understandable language.
- Collaborate with colleagues from diverse backgrounds.
- Language: English required, Hausa preferred.
- Commensurate with experience.
- Health insurance, paid time off.
- No; Must have existing rights to work in Nigeria.
How to Apply Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply online Application Deadline 24th March, 2020.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts