Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > IT and Telecoms > NOC Support Engineer at MainOne Cable Nigeria
NOC Support Engineer at MainOne Cable Nigeria
Mar 16, 2020, 2:33 PM
MainOne Cable is a leading facilitator and preferred provider of innovative telecom services and network solutions such as Connectivity and Data Center Solutions to Telecom operators, Internet Service Providers (ISPs), other businesses and Government institutions across West Africa. MainOne Cable's success is built on having talented and highly proficient people within their respective fields as the driving force behind our business. A job in MainOne is different from any other you have had. With joining MainOne you'll be challenged, inspired and proud as you become a part of something big.
We are recruiting to fill the position below: Job Title: NOC Support Engineer Location: Lagos Department: Technical Job Type: Permanent Minimum years of Experience: 3
- The successfully hired NOC support engineer will be responsible for proactive monitoring of Transmission and IP devices across MainOne’s network through the support of Network monitoring systems, perform first line troubleshooting/fault isolation, resolve where necessary and escalate to other levels for support in line with MainOne’s internal processes.
- Identify and provide first line support on all faults on the Main One network in accordance with the Company’s standard operating procedure for fault escalation and management
- Answer all network support related telephone calls and interface with internal/external customers on operational issues and related network events, using Main One’s standard operating procedures.
- Run daily and weekly management reports on network events and activities as well as tracking escalations and other key performance indicators and ensure all customer SLAs are met
- Maintain and ensure full compliance with all Main One’s NOC processes and procedures.
- Ensure proper technical documentation of all network events throughout normal/shift cycle or operations.
- Monitor Main One’s network providing specific update, status and performance of all network components, capacity services etc.
- BSc / HND Electrical / Electronic Engineering or related discipline.
- 3 years of experience in the configuration, operations and maintenance of optical fiber SDH and wireless network equipment.
- Strong knowledge of PtP/PtMP Microwave technologies
- Knowledge of basic TCP/IP configurations and troubleshooting
- Strong Knowledge of Synchronous Digital Hierarchy technology
- Excellent and effective communications skills, both orally and in writing
- Ability to use OTDR, E-Analyzer, SDH Analyzer, power meter and other signal testing tools/instruments.
- Knowledge of IP devices will be a plus.
- Knowledge of Ubiquiti or Ceragon radio.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong Knowledge of DWDM/OTN technology
- Good Knowledge of Huawei OSN series equipment.
- Shift based role.
- Could be required to travel to support other MainOne Operations in Africa and beyond.
How to Apply Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts