Oncology Nurse at Global Profilers
Global Profilers is a recruiting firm that aims to ensure that young and tallented proffesionals get their careers moving with speed in the industry that suits their decsipline.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Oncology Nurse
Employment Type: Full-time
- To provide the highest standard of individualized and holistic patient care to cancer patients in conjunction with the medical team.
- Execute basic administration duties like record keeping of test results, monitoring treatment plans, providing information to patients.
- Countercheck patients’ vital signs, blood results, patient body surface area, chemotherapy prescription and consent before administration of treatment.
- Educate patients on their treatment such as indications and side effects
- Administer necessary medication and schedule follow up appointments
- Provide clinical care utilizing skills to ensure Patient-focused evidence-based nursing care plans;
- Coordinate the clinical management of patient/client care;
- Offer psychological support, using highly developed problem solving & counselling skills, to patients, families, carers & colleagues, & to facilitate communication between patients, families & professionals
- Conduct patient assessment, IV cannulation and venous access device management
- Support registered nurses that need training in the oncology field
- Observe the clinical progress of patients, recognize and manage identified treatment side effects;
- Assist the Oncologist in consulting room
- Contribute to the development and implementation of evidence-based protocols, standards,
- policies and clinical guidelines within own work area
- Enhance patient flow, deliver the right care at the right time in the outpatient section
- Mix chemotherapy drugs according to international best practices and standards.
- Provide continuous support to the cancer patients and family members
- Participate on oncology research
- Attend to health emergencies
- Take vital signs in due time
- Prepare and submit patient health reports as appropriate
- Perform other duties as maybe assignment by Management
Requirements and Skills
- Must possess a First Degree in Nursing
- Registration with the Nursing & Midwifery Council (RN)
- Must have at least (4) years of relevant work experience.
- Sufficient post registration nursing experience in oncology or speciality to be confident and competent in using the required skills to do the job.
N150,000 - N200,000 Monthly (Negotiable).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline 29th November, 2023.