Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > NGO / Humanitarian > Ongoing Recruitment at Green Concern for Development (GREENCODE)
Ongoing Recruitment at Green Concern for Development (GREENCODE)
Jan 14, 2020, 10:09 AM
Green Concern for Development (GREENCODE) is a registered Nigeria NGO (non-profit) organisation working on social justice and humanitarian response in both the southern and northern regions of Nigeria. GREENCOE is one of the outstanding and credible national NGO in Nigeria working on both development and humanitarian response programmes. Recently accredited by OCHA for applying for funding on the GSM and MYHRP- Project Model.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Officer - Conflict Management / Peace-building Location: Maiduguri with frequent trip (daily) to project communities in MMC, Jere and Bama LGAs in Borno state Employment Type: Fixed Term Duration: 6 months with possibility of renewal Start Date: As soon as possible, but not later than 20th Jan, 2020
Scope of the Role
- The Project Officer will take the overall responsibility for the implementation of the peacebuilding project in the assigned operational area working in close collaboration with the National Coordinator/Project Manager and the Project Coordinator in the partner organisation and enlarge project team (technical and finance) to enhance the quality of implementation of project activities.
- GREENCODE in partnership with an International NGO is implementing a project aimed at preventing extremism and counter-violence in Borno State. The project is implemented in 3 LGAs of Borno State.
- The project focuses to contribute to Increased Local Level Peace and Livelihoods Resilience in the 3 focal LGAs of Borno State
- Finance unit and properly documented for donor and Auditor scrutiny.
- Assist in the development and implementation of the peace building & conflict sensitivity Project.
- Contribute to internal discussions on thematic issues particularly on peace building and conflict resolution
- Contribute to further develop and deepen understanding of peace building and conflict sensitivity thematic issues and approaches.
- Participate in sector project concept and proposal development based on the identified need
- Develop selection criteria for the beneficiaries of livelihood skills acquisition in 3 project LGAs
- Support planning, development and implementation of the peace building and conflict sensitivity project
- Carry out project beneficiary identification through a consultative community process
- Participate in and contribute to quarterly and other scheduled programme performance review meetings
- Ensure consistent communication, coordination and responsiveness with the GREENCODE National Coordinator and Donor/Partner’s focal points, project manager(s) and field staff/volunteers on the status of project and logistics activities.
- Regularly conduct security check of project locations, support the process of obtaining security passes/access for project locations and movement of personnel and goods/services to some locations.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- Organize and facilitate dialogue meetings, workshops and forums with government representatives, civil society and communities in efforts to prevent violent conflict and promote cooperative approaches to peace, security and conflict resolution
- Support partners to mainstream cross-cutting issues, among them, gender and youth and child protection in their initiatives
- Support capacity development of partners involved in project implementation through innovative capacity building approaches
- Arrange for regular meetings with partners to review and reflect on progress and results in order to identify, mitigate challenges and learn lessons for improved programme delivery
- Responsible for accurate narrative reporting against agreed objectives and results frameworks.
- Take lead in the implementation of field activity of the Trans Sahara Counter Terrorism Partnership (TSCTP) Project (aka- Hadinka Domin Zaman Lafiya – Unite for Peace project) in Borno State.
- Ensuring effective project management of the TSCTP peace project with responsibility for ensuring that project are set-up, managed and monitored in line with funding partner’s project management guidelines and procedures;
- Liaise with other stakeholders (including Borno state government ministries, ER/L sector, international organisations, civil society, community leaders, women/youth leaders) to ensure the effective delivery of project.
- Responsible for accurate financial management including: budgeting, forecasting and reporting.
- Deputise as required for the National Coordinator (Project Manager) attending meetings and represent GREENCODE at events.
- Conduct weekly conflict and violent extremism scans/situational briefs, analyzing the implications of the various peace, security, countering violent extremism (CVE) and de-radicalization related activities.
- Take lead in Peace Clubs formation, Awareness, cultural and sporting activities in project locations.
- Ensure that all necessary documents are collected in a timely manner, always vetted and submitted to the
- Experience in leading project implementation in an insecure and volatile locations.
- Excellent experience/skills in vetting, filling and documentation as well as negotiation.
- Experience of working with communities and managing team members, as well as excellent track record of transparency and accountability.
- Bachelor's Degree, in Peace and Conflict Studies or Conflict Studies course in addition to any other Social Science course at First Degree.
- Two years of professional experience in implementing similar projects in Northeast.
- Must be an indigene of Borno and fluent in speaking English, Kanuri and Hausa languages (Excellent English oral and written communication skills)
- Excellent level of computer literacy
- Strong written and oral communication skills with an enthusiasm for writing.
- Good sense of humor.
- Experienced traveler
- Fluency in both English with Hausa/Kanuri languages as an added advantage.
- Proven strategic relationship management skills;
- Conceptual and analytical skills;
- Excellent people skills; team builder;
- Planning and monitoring
- Coaching, mentoring, training and facilitation skills;
- Demonstrable knowledge as a result of study, training or practical experience on peace project management;
- Knowledge of the various donor’s interests, priorities and requirements;
- Solid knowledge of proposal and donor funding requirements and the ability to apply that knowledge in preparing project proposals
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills;
- Advanced negotiating skills;
- High level of computer proficiency.
- Demonstrated ability to manage senior colleagues.
- Strong focus on results.
Job Title: Project Admin / Support Officer Location: Maiduguri with frequent trip to communities/LGAs within Borno state Employment Type: Fixed Term Duration: 6 months with possibility of renewal Start Date: As soon as possible, but not later than 20th Jan, 2020
- Ultimately, you will ensure our projects meet quality standards and are completed on time and within budget.
- Other responsibilities of a Project Admin/Support staff will include:
- Arranging logistic for project staff and materials, Community mobilization, Taking minutes, Organizing venues, Planning project activities, Updating the project calendar, Creating PowerPoint presentation, Performing administrative duties, Tracking project and Recommending changes
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned
- Assist with project management duties including overseeing and performing administrative functions concerned with a project.
- Manage schedules, arrange assignments and communicate progress to all team members.
- Support responsibilities include preparing action plans, analyzing risks and opportunities and gathering necessary resources.
- Work closely with National Coordinator (Project Manager), Project Officer and Project Finance Officer on project related issues.
- Good Leadership and communication skills – written and spoken – in English required.
- Be fluent in Hausa, Kanuri/Shuwa and English.
- Must be willing to work as a team member, take direction, and share technical skills with colleagues and community members.
- Computer literacy in word processing. Power-point and spreadsheets is required,
- Be willing and able to be based and travel regularly within remote areas, where services are limited.
- National Diploma in Public or Business Admin.
- Minimum of 1-year experience of working with NGO on similar position.
- Must be indigene of Borno state and fluent (oral and written skills) in English, Kanuri in addition to Hausa languages
- Must have good knowledge of project support and Administration in Northeast
Job Title: Senior Finance / Admin Officer Location: Maiduguri, Borno Department/Office: Finance and Administration/GREENCODE Duration: 5 months with the possibility of Renewal Start Date: As soon as possible, but not later than 21st January, 2020.
- This position will supervise two other Finance/Admin staff. The Senior Finance/Admin Officer will report to the National coordinator.
- The Senior Finance and Administration Officer will be based in Maiduguri, Borno State and have the primary responsibility of successful financial and administrative management of all GREENCODE funded project accounts and budgets in the Northeast regional office in accordance with GREENCODE policies, donor requirement and global best practice.
- Liaise with bank and ensure timely submission of reconciliation reports.
- Take lead in managing standard accounting and spreadsheet software, including Microsoft Excel; Knowledge of QuickBooks very compulsory.
- Supervise other Finance and Admin staff in the unit.
- Ensure accurate financial, procurement and administrative record keeping across projects in GREENCODE.
- Develop and submit timely and accurate financial program reports and cash requests to the National Coordinator; Provide updates to National Coordinator regarding any financial and/or administrative requests or discrepancies.
- Take lead in preparing and presenting to the National Coordinator weekly, monthly quarterly, project mid-term, end-term and year-end financial reports as needed.
- Ensure all project payments and operations adhere to Nigerian fiscal and statutory laws; Ensure compliance with GREENCODE and donor financial and HR policies and procedures.
- Take lead and oversee day-to-day program cash flow management and maintenance of bank accounts.
- Review and track all project payments to ensure accuracy and proper coding of invoices and entering into the accounting software.
- Manage office petty cash, and day-to-day small expenditures; Ensure timely reimbursements and accurate log records.
- Ensure proper and complete financial record-keeping (receipts, contracts, backups) using QuickBooks system.
- Manage procurement, upkeep and tracking of project assets, including proper documentation of the procurement process through Requisition Forms, Selection Memos, and Purchase Orders.
- Perform monthly reconciliation of the general ledger accounts.
- Oversee employee payroll processing, to include payment and tracking; Payroll will be submitted to the National Coordinator for final approval.
- Liaise with partner organizations on financial issues, as necessary.
- Prepare GREENCODE books for both internal and external auditors.
- Take lead to ensure GREENCODE’s internal control systems are strengthen and sustain.
- Supervise the other Finance and Admin staff including drivers and security guards.
- Other duties or tasks as required.
- Maintain complete and up-to-date confidential personnel files for all staff.
- Oversee office maintenance and manage project property, infrastructure, and asset documentation
- Liaise with local legal counsel to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements
- B.Sc. in Accounting / Finance, or Higher Diploma in Accounting with minimum of 3 years' experience in Donor Fund Management from a recognized International NGO, Specialized Accounting/Finance Course. Applicant of other fields need not apply.
- Proven ability to use standard accounting and spreadsheet software, including Microsoft Excel; Knowledge of QuickBooks very compulsory.
- Ability to manage and prioritize several tasks simultaneously and effectively.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English required.
- Previous experience of managing and supervising staff.
- Experience: Minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience in Finance/Accounting with an International NGO.
- Minimum 3 years of experience managing accounts and procurement systems for a nonprofit organization with large volume of transactions.
- Familiarity with programmatic budget preparation and tracking; Multi-currency experience desirable
How to Apply Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Cover Letter and completed Competency Form (request for the competency form for the position you are interested in/qualified for via the email below), the 2 documents should be forwarded to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org and copy email@example.com NoteApplication Deadline 5pm; 17th January, 2020.
- The title of the position for example- Project Officer must be indicated in the subject line of your e-mail. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- The position is valid for the duration stated, we don’t pay relocation allowance or provide house for field staff. Only applicant that adhere to the full instruction in this advert will be attended to.
- Applications will be assessed on a rolling basis.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts