Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > Education and Training > Ongoing Recruitment at Coal City University, 11th September, 2018
Ongoing Recruitment at Coal City University, 11th September, 2018
Sep 11, 2018, 2:23 PM
Coal City University is located in Enugu State, Nigeria. Our University has the passion and sincere commitment to our vision, mission and philosophy, which have cumulatively transformed into a reputation for the highest academic standard and quality in tertiary education in its few years of existence. Our tradition of excellence ensures achieving a focused and responsive faculty, staff and student community characterised by an atmosphere of mutual respect and commitment. Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the academic position below: Job Title: Lecturer Location: Enugu Departments: Mass Communication, International Relations, Criminology and Security Studies, Sociology, Accounting (Taxation), Psychology, Public Administration Job Purpose
- This job is responsible for preparing and teaching a wide variety of Mass Communication courses that make up the portion of the Mass Communication major, as well as advising Mass Communication majors towards academic and life success.
- To teach undergraduate and/or postgraduate courses delivered by the Department and, as required, to teach on associated programmes offered by the School.
- To undertake research, either as an individual or with colleagues, of a level and quality that will result in regular publication in internationally - rated Mass Communication journals.
- To undertake appropriate course and course material development.
- To undertake administrative duties as directed by the Head of Department.
- To represent the Department at conferences and seminars.
- To promote the image and reputation of the Department and School in the wider academic and business community.
- The post holder may be required to undertake such other duties commensurate with the nature and level of the post as directed by the Head of Department.
- A good Master's Degree in the relevant field
- Continued Professional development
- Professional teaching qualification- minimum of Nigerian Certificate in Education (NCE), Post-Graduate Diploma in Education (PGDE), Nigerian Teachers’ Institute (NTI), Teachers’ Registration Council of Nigeria (TRCN) or its equivalent is mandatory.
- NYSC discharge certificate/certificate of exemption is mandatory.
- A Ph.D. in the relevant field.
- Candidate must hold at least five (5) years of teaching, research and administrative experience in a recognised University.
- Evidence of scholarly publications in both local and international reputable learned journals, plus membership of relevant professional bodies where required.
- Proven experience of leadership and management appropriate to an international higher education environment.
- Proven record of managing diverse resources in higher education or a similar environment
- Evidence of successful innovation in managing and developing academic programmes
- Must have a good knowledge of University tradition and demonstrate the right attitude towards innovative practices in leadership, operations, teaching, learning and research.
- Computer literate and knowledge of the application of ICT in a University.
- Be of proven managerial skill, able to utilise available human and material resources efficiently and effectively, to achieve set University goals and objectives.
- Must be assertive, friendly, cooperative, flexible, tactful, dependable and logical – work in a collaborative manner with multiple offices.
- Ability to create, articulate, and assess course learning outcomes
- Effectiveness in creating course materials (syllabus, hand-outs, presentations, etc.), which enhance student interest and engagement.
- Inspirational leadership and management skills, including a commitment to high performance and continuous improvement.
- Ability to create and manage effective grading rubrics for consistent and uniform grading results.
- Ability to assess student educational goals and to crate graduation plans based on those goals.
- Excellent motivational and team-building skills.
- Demonstrate problem solving and abstract thinking skills
- Ability to produce high quality work while working independently.
- Ability to meet required attendance and submission deadlines.
- Possess good leadership qualities, such as decisiveness, openness, fairness, leading by examples, working as team leader and encouraging participation in decision-making.
- A person of good health, pleasant disposition, charitable manners, unassailable integrity and strong moral character.
- The candidate must be firm and fair in decision-making and MUST FOLLOW DUE PROCESS in taking decisions.
- A person of good conduct, possessing sense of discipline, dedication, drive, resourcefulness and ability to command respect and loyalty of the members of staff and the students of the College.
- A creative and innovative approach to problem solving.
- He/she should articulate and ensure the enforcement of the University’s laws and regulations.
- An engaging and convincing speaker capable of enthusing listeners
- He/she must be a leader who by his pedigree is likely to command the respect and loyalty of both staff and students of the University.
- CV and Cover Letter should take into account the duties and responsibilities, person specification, skills and attributes of the position being applied for.
- The subject of the email should be the role you are applying for. For EXAMPLE: (Job Position - Department)
- Only qualified candidates who meet the criteria above will be shortlisted.
- Candidates who fail to follow the application instructions will be disqualified.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts