Operations Manager - Integrated Health Program at Palladium Group
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Operations Manager - Integrated Health Program
Ref No: req12519
Project Overview and Role
- The Operations Manager is responsible under the leadership of the Senior Operations Manager or and senior management, in the management and implementation of effective and efficient operational, financial, and compliance activities that deliver the project per contractual obligations, company policies, Group Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Guidelines and client rules and regulations.
- The Operations Manager will oversee two additional staff members.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists and supports the Senior operations Manager in overseeing overall operations at Abuja Central Office and State Offices and provides operations guidance and oversight for IHP state offices
- Works with the finance team and technical leads to manage and forecast cash needs for Nigeria offices
- Regularly reviews, with the Senior Operations Manager and Director of Finance and Administration operations practices; develops, and optimizes internal operations policies, and provides feedback on risk mitigation strategies
- Adheres to and trains relevant staff in all project administrative and operations policies and procedures
- Coordinates with the operations team at the State Offices to initiate vetting processes for vendors, consultants, new hires, etc.
- Ensures the Fixed Asset Register of the project is up to date and comprehensive.
- Ensures that all assets of the project are safe and secure.
- Supports all HR functions, such as staff procurement, management of health and group life insurance, etc.
- Oversees the management of project fleet and motor pool.
- Performs project procurements as per the procurement policies and donor regulations including maintaining vendor lists, solicitation of quotations/proposals, and documentation of procurement decisions and contracts, and managing vendor relationships
- Ensures timely receipt of quality services/goods and best value for the price; ensures that vendors are timely paid and procurement contracts are closed in order; manages office facilities, equipment, assets, vehicles, IT, etc.; and maintains up-to-date assets registers
- Performs any other duty that may be assigned from time to time.
- A relevant Bachelor's Degree and Master's Degree are required;
- A minimum of 7 years relevant work experience.
- A minimum of 3 years project management experience with DFID, DFAT, USAID, or other donor clients (s);
- Experience managing large and complex projects with a high-risk profile;
- Financial acumen and the ability to interpret and analyze financial reports.
- Sound problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Strong management skills with the ability to mentor, coach, lead, develop and evaluate staff.
- Ability to work with a low level of supervision and as a part of a team when required.
- Demonstrated critical thinking, attention to detail, and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills including a high level of professional maturity are required.
- A minimum of 2 years of people management experience, including setting performance objectives, managing for results, giving and receiving feedback, performance evaluation and mentoring and coaching;
- A minimum of 2 years of work experience in a developing country or similar environment.
- Project Management expertise.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
- We welcome applications from all sections of society and actively encourage diversity to drive innovation, creativity, success and good practice. We positively welcome and seek to ensure we achieve diversity in our workforce; and that all job applicants and employees receive equal and fair treatment regardless of their background or personal characteristics.
- These include: (but are not limited to) socio-economic background, age, race, gender identity, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, veteran, marital or Indigenous status.
- We define Safeguarding as “the preventative action taken by Palladium to protect our people, clients and the communities we work with from harm”.
- We are committed to ensuring that all children and adults who come into contact with Palladium are treated with respect and are free from abuse.
- All successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced selection process including safeguarding-focused interviews and a rigorous due diligence process.
Note: Should you require any adjustments or accommodations to be made due to a disability or you are a neurodivergent individual or any other circumstance, please email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org