Personal Banker at Stanbic IBTC Bank (Kano)
Stanbic IBTC Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa's financial system for 150 years, and now spans 16 countries across the African continent.
Standard Bank is a firm believer in technical innovation, to help us guarantee exceptional client service and leading edge financial solutions. Our growing global success reflects our commitment to the latest solutions, the best people, and a uniquely flexible and vibrant working culture. To help us drive our success into the future, we are looking for resourceful individuals to join our dedicated team at our offices.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Personal Banker
Job ID: 45889
Job Sector: Financial Services
Job Details: Retail & Business Banking
Key Responsibilities / Accountabilities
- Proactively promote a relationship-based offering through operating as a dedicated and primary point of contact for customer in the branch, providing banking solutions which meet the customer’s needs in accordance with each of personal banking segment’s value proposition.
- Achievement of expansion, cost management and customer retention targets through a proactive call plan and active cross selling.
- Provide customers at the branch with basic day – to – day services
- Provide an efficient personal banking service and support to a portfolio of branch based clients across the Gold, Silver and blue segments.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
- Pro-actively manage the portfolio to maximise revenue for the Bank (referring to fees, margins and sales), minimise costs and risks, whilst maintaining and entrenching the customer’s relationship with the Bank appropriately
- Pro-actively identify cross-sell opportunities within own portfolio of customers to maximise life cycle opportunities. Be guided by the segment value proposition and sales targets as to what the priority products are both from a bank and customer perspective.
- Conduct a needs analysis with all new and existing customers to ensure that product opportunities identified are appropriate to meet the customer’s needs and priorities.
- Retain customers (Blue, Silver and Gold) as per the criteria outlined in the segment value proposition and reflected by the Country segment strategy.
- Liaise effectively with the sales team to ensure seamless transfer of clients after sale has been concluded to relationship management.
- Conduct a comprehensive calling/contact management programme for all customers aligned with the cost to serve proposition.
- Strong relationship management background.
- A Bachelor's degree in any related field.
- 2 years banking experience, preferably interfacing with customers.
- Experience in completing credit applications successfully.
- Experienced in upholding the highest levels of service.
Knowledge / Technical Skills / Expertise:
- Ability to handle matrix reporting.
- Thorough understanding of credit principles as well as application and maintenance processes.
- Knowledge of the bank's organogram and awareness of relevant reporting lines.
- Deep knowledge and understanding of the different personal and segment value proposition.
- Knowledge of local market environment and financial issues that may impact portfolio.
- Working knowledge of bank systems and operations
- Proficient in Microsoft word and excel.
- Time management
- Interpret financial statements; assess sources of income and basic customer affordability calculations (debt to income ratio, loan to value ratio, instalment to income ratio, etc).
- Demonstrate high levels of computer literacy - able to capture/update customer database, successfully complete product/lending applications, ensure credit maintenance, etc.
- Ability to multi task