Planning Superintendent at Maersk Line
Maersk is an integrated container logistics company working to connect and simplify its customer's supply chains. As the global leader in shipping services, the company operates in 130 countries and employs roughly 70,000 people. With simple end-to-end offering of products and digital services, seamless customer engagement and a superior end-to-end delivery network, Maersk enables its customers to trade and grow by transporting goods anywhere - all over the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Planning Superintendent
Ref No: R72889
- Manage, motivate and instruct planning team members
- Structure tasks and goals, and establish efficient courses of action, set priorities, organize information and resources, efficiently execute daily tasks with considerations for high productivity through the effective allocation and utilization of task to planning staff. Always attend ongoing operations and be accessible via radio.
- At the time of shift change/commencing operation check if hot-seat shift change taken place in Control room effectively and all POW commence operation.
- Assure deployments and utilization of gang and equipment.
- Verify crane programs prepared by vessel planner and rearrange if required to improve performance or utilization of quay and yard equipment.
- Verify yard allocations made by yard planner to ensure maximum use of yard space and equipment.
- Monitor gate traffic and advice to rearrange allocations if required.
- Monitor the deployment of equipment for coming hours and supervise to rearrange equipment deployment and crane or containers plan if required.
- Assure upcoming vessel plan and recourse plan, coordinate with berth planner and cargo controller if any amendment required.
- Ensure vessel plan is approved/prepared considering stack weight, height limitation, special stow, IMDG segregation and other stowage conflict on berthed/upcoming vessels.
- Closely monitor vessel, barge, rail, gate and landside operation, troubleshoot as and when required by coordinating controllers.
- Look for an opportunity to perform duel and twin operation and coordinate with planner to utilize it.
- Reports container leakage to shipping lines, documentation, customer service, billing and property/insurance controller.
- Communication and coordination with shipping lines.
- Review all activities in time to time and to coordinate with controllers and planners to improve efficiency and performance
- Assure IMDG segregation is maintained in yard/vessel according IMDG stacking standards.
- Liaise with shipping lines for vessel plan and changes.
- Maintains continuity of planning process by administrating records in shift log & ensures handing over to the incoming shift.
- Guide and monitor Controllers and planners performance and activities intervene as and when required.
- Monitor look ahead in TOS to prearrange
- Reports system outage to System Administrator and in logbook.
Who We Are Looking For
- High School Diploma plus a college degree in Logistics, Operations Management, or related discipline.
- Requires good interpersonal skills to interact across section of the company’s departments, at all levels, and with customers.
- 3 years of previous experience in the port execution operations or planning
- 5 years of previous leadership experience involving on the planning or administrative sector managing large amount of workers
- Good knowledge of vessel & yard planning. Overall knowledge of terminal operation
- Requires good verbal and written communications skills in English and the local language.
- Has familiarity with the strict implementation of procedure, process and best practices in planning command center, stevedoring and terminal operations.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 6th September, 2023.