PMTCT Zonal Technical Officers at the National AIDS, Viral Hepatitis and STIs Control Programme (Federal Ministry of Health)
The National AIDS, Sexually Transmitted Infections Control and Hepatitis Programme (NASCP) is a division of the Department of Public Health, in the Nigeria Federal Ministry of Health (FMH).
The concept of NASCP and its mandate is to coordinate the formulation and effective implementation of the Nigeria government policies, guidelines and standard operating procedures for the prevention of new HIV infections as well as improve on the existing treatment, care and support for those persons already infected and affected by the virus in the country.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: PMTCT Zonal Technical Officers (6 positions)
Location: Six geo political zone
The six zonal officers will, with supervision from the Head Prevention and PMTCT Lead and support from the PMTCT Senior Technical Specialist, manage all the technical aspects of the PMTCT scale-up implementation at the state level. They will be resident in the zones, responsible for overall program oversight and coordination meetings. They will maintain a good working relationship with the SAPCs team and other PMTCT stakeholders in all the zones.
- PMTCT zonal officers resides in the state to support the state PMTCT teams
- Support states in developing detailed annual work and budget plans based on approved overall work plan.
- Ensure timely submission of work plans and budgets from implementing partners/states
- Make schedules for project activities listed in the annual work plans to ensure all activities completed on time;
- Ensure project implementation of all activities are in accordance with the rules and regulation of donor and the Government of Nigeria
- Managing, monitoring and guiding states to implement work plan activities and objectives; reviewing all deliverables and reports before submission to ensure the quality
- Preparing monthly, quarterly and annual activity progress and financial reports and ensuring the accuracy and timely submission of these reports.
- Working with the Finance Officers to monitor project funds, ensuring the funds are used for the proper purposes, proper activities and with the efficiency and transparency.
- Compiling and maintaining project reports and minutes of meetings
- Participating in field visits to mentor, monitor and evaluate the progress of project activities.
- Performance monitoring of PMTCT activities across the states per zone
- Follow up and ensure all materials required by the states are requested and delivered on time.
- Maintain dashboard of progress of states in zone and submit reports on a monthly basis.
- Provides guidance and support to the State PMTCT scale-up Team on technical and implementation issues in line with the approved plan
- Support capacity building of the state teams
- Identify and report/flag issues requiring attention
- Liaise with implementing partners and National/State Clinical Mentors in the zones in collaboration with state teams to ensure synergy of activities
- Participate and support state coordination meetings.
- Any other tasks assigned by the PMTCT Specialist to achieve the project objectives
- Must possess a first degree in Medical Sciences (MBBS, MD, Nursing, Community Health, or equivalent that relates to clinical care and its technicalities).
- Post graduate qualification/Masters level training in Public Health, Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Pediatrics or Obstetrics may be an advantage.
- At least 7 years’ post-graduation with evidence of a progressive increase in responsibility.
- At least 5 years’ experience proven ability to coordinate and manage project work with focus HIV/AIDS or implementing health related programmes.
- Experience in implementing and managing Global Fund project.
- Experience in programme planning, design, follow-up, report writing, monitoring and evaluation of the projects.
- Experience in working with various partners, working with international and national experts to implement project activities.
- Able to work with minimal supervision or in a team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Proficiency in working with ICT systems, MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- At least three-year experience working in PMTCT or related issues and can communicate them within the context of the project.
- A team player with demonstrated leadership and motivational abilities.
- Working experience with the project stakeholder institutions and agencies
- Ability to effectively coordinate a multi-stakeholder project with proven result, proven experience in leading a Global Fund project will be an added advantage.
- Good management, and supervisory including at least 3 years’ experience in managing teams of professional staff.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including professional-level English language skills, presentation, and reporting skills.
- Proven analytical, report writing, presentation skills.
- Proficiency in working with ICT systems, MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel. R will be an added advantage.
- Comprehensive annual zonal work and budget plans based on approved overall work plan.
- Make schedules for project activities listed in the annual work plans
- Timely and due management of the project and implementation of all activities in accordance with the rules and regulation of donor and the Government of Nigeria.
- Managing, monitoring and guiding states to work on the activities and objectives listed in the work plan and ensuring that their work is conducted in a timely manner and with high quality.
- Monthly, quarterly and annual activity progress and financial reports
- Minutes of zonal meetings and action plans
- Maintain dashboard of progress of states in the zone
Contracting & Accountability
- The officer will be accountable to the Head Prevention and PMTCT Lead.
- S/he will be paid competitive fees for the agreed duration based on qualification and experience.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 14th December, 2023.