Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > Education and Training > Polytechnic Librarian at The Federal Polytechnic, Idah,
Polytechnic Librarian at The Federal Polytechnic, Idah,
Mar 10, 2020, 2:23 PM
The Federal Polytechnic, Idah, formerly Idah College of Technology, is a federal government-owned tertiary education institution that was established in 1977 in Idah, Kogi State. It is approved by the National Board for Technical Education and it also offers National Diploma and Higher National Diploma courses at undergraduate levels with the aim of training competitive manpower for development.
The Governing Council of the Federal Polytechnic, Idah hereby invites interested and suitably qualified candidates to apply for the position below: Job Title: Polytechnic Librarian Location: Idah, Kogi
- The Polytechnic Librarian is a Principal Officer responsible to the Rector for the day-to-day running and formulating overall policies for the Polytechnic library.
- Applicants must possess a good Honours Degree not lower than Second Class Lower and a Master's Degree in Library and Information Science from a recognized institution; a Ph.D Degree would be an added advantage
- The applicants must have a minimum of 15 years post qualification cognate work experience, in the Polytechnic sector or equivalent, and must have attained the rank of Chief Librarian or Deputy Librarian from a period of at least three years
- Applicants should not be more than 59 years of age at the time of assumption of duty in March, 2020
- They must be morally sound, of impeccable character and physically fit
- Membership of Library Professional Bodies and registration with the Librarian Registration Council of Nigeria (LRCN) are also necessary and must be computer literate.
- The Polytechnic Librarian is a single term appointment for a period of five years
- Conditions of service for the post are the same as obtained in all Federal Polytechnics in Nigeria
- In addition, the appointee shall enjoy any other benefits attached to the position of a Principal Officer of Federal Polytechnics
- The salary package is similar to the approved package by the National Salaries, income and Wages Commission for Polytechnic Librarians of Federal Polytechnics.
How to Apply Interested and qualified candidates should submit Applications and 20 copies of their detailed Curriculum Vitae stating the following below:
- Full Name;
- Place and Date of Birth;
- State of Origin;
- Local Government Area;
- Marital Status;
- Number and Ages of Children;
- Permanent Home Address;
- Contact Address;
- Phone Number;
- E-mail Address;
- Academic and professional qualifications with dates (copies attached);
- Statement of work experience including full details of former and present posts;
- Name and Address of three referees.
- Referees' confidential reports should be forwarded to the Registrar
- Applicants are also to provide their Vision Statements for the Polytechnic Library in the next five years with particular reference to relevant materials requisition not more than 500 words.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts