Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > Agricultural / Agro-Allied > Poultry Farm Manager Vacancy at Okeimute Farm Limited
Poultry Farm Manager Vacancy at Okeimute Farm Limited
Dec 9, 2019, 12:21 PM
Okeimute Farm Limited is an integrated large-scale farm that is committed to producing and marketing high quality poultry products in the most environmentally and economically sustainable manner possible. It is a fastgrowing agribusiness with about 100,000 point-of-lay birds and 50,000 broiler chicks in its poultry division. Okeimute farm is a member of Ubido Group. We are currently recruiting for qualified candidate that will drive our poultry division to fill the position below: Job Title: Poultry Farm Manager Location: Sapele Major Roles
- Development of Standard Operating Practices for layer, boiler and brooding chicks management
- Directs and oversees the implementation of strategic operational plans in poultry management.
- Provision of leadership and supervision of the operation of poultry division staff
- Prepares poultry production annual budgets as well as quarterly progress report
- Management of poultry farms processes with the aim of maximizing production and quality
- Maintaining risk control/occupational health/bio security requirements and standards as per relevant legislation and Okeimute Standard Operating Practices.
- Reports to the Senior Management Team who provides general supervision.
- Liaise with the sales, accounts, stores and admin managers of the poultry division for effective operation management.
- Maintains close and effective working relationship with the Feed Mill division.
- Academic: Bachelor's degree in Poultry Science, Animal Science, Agriculture, Business or related area or discipline. MSc. in Agribusiness is an added advantage.
- Experience: Minimum of 10 years progressive experience in poultry business and at least 5 years experience as poultry manager in a reputable firm.
- Identify with the values and philosophies and mission of Ubido Group or Okeimute Farms
- Self-motivated and should have excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Must be target and deadline driven
- Must be computer literate
- Must be able to work in a highly pressured environment
- Proven administration ability
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts