Product Designer at Klasha
Klasha makes it easy for African consumers to shop online. We build technology that allows African consumers to easily access the goods they want on the continent. We enable payments online in local African currencies and can handle the last-mile logistics for our retail partners too. Statistically, Africa is the future, so we believe consumers on the continent should have the same frictionless access to the global e-commerce economy as consumers in the West.
Klasha was founded in Lagos, Nigeria in 2018 and is backed by Techstars, Ginco Investments and a group of notable angel investors. Klasha is run by 20-somethings from five nationalities that speak six different languages between them. Klasha has offices in Johannesburg, South Africa and Lagos, Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Product Designer
About The Job
- Klasha is looking for a talented Product Designer to join our team and help to build an exciting payment and commerce startup in Africa.
- This candidate will have a strong ability to take our ideas and create an attractive product based on our needs.
- This candidate should feel comfortable creating prototypes and communicating with internal teams in order to deliver wholesome solutions.
- The candidate should also have the ability to follow budget constraints and demonstrate some pieces of previous works through a portfolio.
- Develop UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how sites function and look like.
- Create original graphic designs (e.g. images, sketches and tables).
- Prepare and present rough drafts to internal teams and key stakeholders.
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. responsiveness).
- Conduct layout adjustments based on user feedback.
- Adhere to style standards on fonts, colours and images.
- If required, you'll be required to create graphics for the company to upload to various online platforms.
- Understand the desires of Klasha and create attractive product designs.
- Work closely with other teams members (sales and marketing) to establish a plan for product releases.
- Acknowledge budget and make plans in order to follow financial guidelines.
- Create product prototypes prior to creating the final product.
- Adjust approach towards designs based on feedback provided.
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with product managers and engineers.
- Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps.
- Design graphic user interface elements, like menus, tabs and widgets.
- Build page navigation buttons and search fields.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 2 - 5 years experience in product design or related field
- Strong creative, design and communication skills
- Portfolio of work
- Proven work experience as a UI/UX Designer or similar role
- Portfolio of design projects
- Knowledge of wireframe tools (e.g. Wireframe.cc and InVision)
- Up-to-date knowledge of design software like Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Team spirit; strong communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders
- Good time-management skills.
- Competitive salary.
- Cool company perks.
- You'll be working with a young, growing team based in Lagos, Nigeria that is millennial-driven.
- Fast and expanding career progression.
- Flexible working conditions.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply