Production Chemist in a Leading Manufacturing Company
Crisppearl Limited - Our client, one of the leading Manufacturing Company with Location at LASU / Igando, Lagos, is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Production Chemist
Location: LASU / Igando, Lagos
Job Type: Full-time
- The main scope of this position is to provide quality customer service and products to internal and external customers; while operating in a manner consistent with legislation and all HR and Safety policies and procedures. Must be able to receive work instructions, verbally or in writing to determine work assignments.
- Operate in a manner consistent with all HR and safety policies and procedures. Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the job to perform the tasks. Will report directly to the General Manager.
- To maximize the conversion and margins of products to achieve profitable growth, while meeting corporate, divisional objectives as well as customer standards.
- Optimize available resources to support operational processes
- Updates and maintains technical procedure.
- Monitors daily production, collecting and analyzing data in order to recognize trends and potential problem areas. Develops proactive approach to problem solving through early identification and understanding of problem areas.
- ERP lab systems – data entry, recovery, calculations, lot creation, finished lots FeV, recycled materials, ERP trouble shooting and error recovery.
- Lab maintenance – ordering of supplies, checking inventory and monitoring of consumables, equipment repair contacts.
- Ensure safety standards by fostering safe working practices and principles.
- Support ISO 9001 measures.
- Provide ongoing technical consultation with sales.
- Analyze all aspects of existing production and processes and make recommendations focused on quality improvements, costs reduction, and productivity. Then implementing and evaluating changes to existing processes designed to ensure success in key areas of improvement.
- Coordinate and transfer new processes, products, technologies, and R&D from the conceptual or design phase into production.
- Prepares technical written reports as required.
- Works in other areas and performs other duties as assigned.
Qualification and Expereinece Required
- B.Sc in Chemistry
- 5 years’ experience in Personal Care Products Manufacturing
- Personal Care production or similar experience preferred.
- Inorganic chemistry background is required. ICP, Leco, XRF, Wet Chemistry.
Skills / Abilities / Competencies:
- Ability to manage and influence a cross function team with potential direct reports.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to effectively interact and influence employees of all levels and from various business groups.
- Strong MS Office and General Database skills.
- Must be a self-starter and self-motivated.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Person must be able to climb, squat, stoop and crawl while directing and supporting business operations.
- Use hands repeatedly to use computer, answer phone and handle equipment.
- The employee is regularly required to lift up to 10 pounds.
- The vision requirements include ability to adjust focus and close vision.
- Comply with manufacturing safety regulations and policies.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should send their Applications and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the of the mail.
Note: Applicant must reside within LASU / Igando Axis
Application Deadline 9th July, 2021.