Program Assistant at Jhpiego
Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University, is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Program Assistant
Reports to: Quality Improvement Advisor
- We seek a Program Assistant for Jigawa State on The Global Fund funded, “Quality Improvement and Leadership and Management Strengthening through Technical Assistance”.
- The Program Assistant will work under the supervision of the Quality Improvement Advisor to support quality improvement and leadership and management activities in Jigawa state working closely with the State Ministry of Health and other government agencies and with the QI specialist.
- The Program Assistant will assist in the implementation, documentation and logistics support for QI, leadership and management activities in the state/LGA/facilities
- Assist in the development of work plans, budgets, liaising with GoN stakeholder and implementing partners regarding activities.
- Support Project team in preparation of activities, including scheduling meeting, creating attendance list, corresponding with attendees, preparing materials, setting up meeting rooms, taking meeting minutes, amongst other task
- Assist with drafting, editing and proofreading of technical materials and appropriate reports of program activities and results for technical leads and supervisors as requested.
- Ensure expense reports, payment schedules are properly prepared, scanned and shared with the Country office, also ensuring financial documents are filed in an orderly manner
- Responsible for the collation, harmonization and regular updates of program management tools such as scorecard, stakeholder’s database, facility directory and other tools as maybe be requested.
- Coordinate staff travel logistics and retirements.
- Support to maintain records and files, distributing of project information and documentation
- Assist in the asset management and documentation
- Assist in the smooth running of project office, maintenance of assets and project materials
- Ensure availability and efficient use of general office consumables, safe storage and proper use of equipment, update newly purchased items to inventory
- Conduct preliminary review of vendor invoices and advances to ensure completeness, accuracy, reasonability and validity according to Jhpiego and donor guidelines
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Social Sciences, Public Health or related field, and equivalent job experience 2-3 years' in programmatic support of international health projects
- Comfortable with a team approach to programming and the ability to manage several major activities simultaneously
- Proficiency in word processing, Microsoft Office
- Willingness to travel within Jigawa state.
- Experience in providing programmatic, administrative, financial support to public health programs
- Strong familiarity with health system and HIV, TB and Malaria service delivery context in Jigawa and Nigeria
- Ability to interact with established networks of senior level international health professionals, ministry of health officials and other partners
- Previous experience working closely with the Ministry of Health in Nigeria
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV and Cover Letter as one single Word Document to: email@example.com using the Job Title and Location as the subject of the email.
- Candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified.
- Qualified female applicants are especially encouraged to apply
- We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview
- Any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
- There will be travel requirements and opportunities within Nigeria.
- JHU is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- For further information about Jhpiego, please visit our website at www.jhpiego.org
Application Deadline 15th November, 2021.