Program Assistant at the Mobile Foundation for Health Security and Rehabilitation Nigeria (MHSR)
Mobile Foundation for Health Security and Rehabilitation Nigeria (MHSR) is a youth-led initiative that focuses on Mobile Health Services, Sexual Health Education, Mobile HIV /STI Screening, Human Right and Advocacy, Capacity Building, Mental Health, Research and Documentation, Establishment of support groups and rehabilitation of Key Population through housing initiative for community that are most at risk to infection and diseases especially the Adolescents. MHSR is a nonprofit, nongovernmental organization dedicated to giving mobile health services, doing research, training, and advocacy for vulnerable groups especially Key Populations to improve their health and build their capacity for a better standard of living. MHSR was founded on March 1st, 2014 and aims to reach Key Populations with quality HIV holistic services through collaborations with partners.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Assistant
Location: Yaba, Lagos
Employment Type: Contract
- We are seeking to recruit a Program Assistant who will support for the design and implementation of HIV Testing Services (HTS), prevention services, safe & ethical index testing among Key Population.
- S/he will provide support and oversight to ensure excellent service delivery.
- Support collaboration among partners, CSO/FBOs/MOH, responsible for the implementation of minimum prevention package intervention (MPPI) for key population.
- S/he will support community-level activity and work closely with the sponsors in compliance with national and donor guidelines and policies.
Specific Roles and Responsibilities
- Support the design and implementation of HIV Testing Services, Safe and Ethical Index Testing, HIVST, & Prevention Services.
- Support advocacy, demand creation/ awareness on program impact to necessary stakeholders in the state.
- Support the team to closely with the cART Team to ensure 95% linkage to ART.
- Support the implementation of minimum prevention package intervention (MPPI) for Key Population.
- Work closely with the SI team to review Program Progress on a routine basis.
- Work with the state MOH to develop, review, and deploy HIV Prevention, HTS, Safe & Ethical Index Testing, guidelines, training curricula, & SOPs in line with national and program directives for Key Population.
Key Working Relationships:
- Direct Supervisor: Program Officer
- Indirect Supervisor: Nil Supervises:
Qualification and Skills
- B.Sc in a relevant Health related or Social Sciences field with a minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience in implementing HIV Prevention, programs plus a technical experience with community level programs
- Certification in HIV Testing and Counselling
- Familiarity with USAIDS programming and principles
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills required
- Excellent analytic, organizational and computer skills; skilled In MS Office including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with government and civil society partners and communities as well as transfer knowledge to diverse audiences through workshops, training and meetings using participatory methods and adult learning principles
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter in one PDF document to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- Use your personal email address.
- Only applications sent electronically (i.e., by e-mail) with the Job Title clearly indicated as the subject of the mail will be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- MHSR is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Disclaimer: MHSR does not charge Candidates a fee for a test or interview
Application Deadline 27th August, 2022.