Program Development and Training Officer at Bonny Chamber of Commerce and Industry
Bonny Chamber of Commerce and Industry, popularly known as BOCCIMA, is a leading chamber of commerce and industry in Nigeria with ties across the world. We currently have over 1,000 active members who have benefited hugely from the chamber's resources.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Development and Training Officer
Location: Bonny Island, Rivers
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are looking to engage a program development and training officer to manager its resource and development activities.
- This position requires knowledge of the competitive proposal development process and extremely effective written and verbal communication skills.
- The ideal candidate must be able to apply these skills in project development, the negotiation process, and speeches/presentations/proposals.
- Creating yearly training plans and materials for all departments
- Develop effective and persuasive high-quality proposals in clear and concise terms.
- Schedule and conduct meetings with management to proactively identify topics to be addressed or areas in need of additional instruction
- Developing marketing materials to be distributed to companies promoting the course and necessary details
- Assist in planning, creating and implementing each year's training courses and materials.
- Research curriculum actively and remain up-to-date on developments within the industries
- Create printed and instructional materials to be used in training
- Actively seek current training methods and best practices to facilitate trainings
Basic Qualifications / Experience / Skills
- Minimum of a Master's Degree in a Business, Science or Management related field and 8 - 10 years relevant work experience or Bachelor's Degree with 10 - 15 years work experience in development project management roles with a record of proven success.
- Proven track record in competitive proposal submission, floating concepts for unsolicited proposals and developing donor and other stakeholder relations.
- Extensive research ability and knowledge of proposal and donor funding requirements and the ability to apply that knowledge in preparing project proposals
- At least three years of experience in project design and implementation in the international development arena. Experience in development/business/economic growth/enterprise development required.
- Knowledge of the international development donor and project implementation landscape with contacts in key agencies and allied or competitor organizations.
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving, coaching and mentoring skills.
- Ability to perform under time pressure, be flexible, work independently, manage multiple tasks and work effectively as a leader and team member in fast-paced multi-cultural environment.
- Passion for market-led approaches to supporting developmental initiatives.
- Strong focus on results.
- Instructional experience in a group business setting preferred
- Strong understanding of business goals and standards for customer service
- Experience providing full-scope training materials, from analyzing company needs to lesson planning, development and implementation
- Extensive knowledge of best practices in creating instructional materials
- Previous experience working as a Training Coordinator role is required.
- Strong written and oral communication skills with an enthusiasm for writing.
- Good sense of humor.
- Fluency in English is imperative with French fluency strongly considered – additional language skills are highly essential
- Ability to communicate effectively with management and other departments
- Proficient using Microsoft Suite
- Ability to effectively organize and manage multiple training initiatives simultaneously
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 18th August, 2022.