Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > Education and Training > Recruitment For Vice-Chancellor at the University of Benin
Recruitment For Vice-Chancellor at the University of Benin
May 6, 2019, 3:40 PM
The Governing Council of the University of Benin at its Meeting held on Thursday, 11th and Friday, 12th April, 2019 decided to fill the position of the Vice Chancellor which will fall vacant on 1st December, 2019 at the expiration of the term of the incumbent Vice Chancellor. Accordingly, applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below: Job Title: Vice-Chancellor Location: Benin City, Edo Qualities and Qualifications Required of the Candidate The person to be appointed the Vice Chancellor of the University of Benin must:
- Be one with high scholastic and academic credentials who must have accomplishment in academics and/or in public life generally. He/she should, have a senior teaching and/or research position in a University;
- Command both national and international respect, particularly in the academic world, to enhance the good reputation of University;
- Be one who is likely to command the respect and loyalty of Members of Staff and Students of the University;
- Be a person who is not likely to foster personal, racial, ethnic, political, religious other sectional interests;
- Be morally sound. He/she must be free from financial embarrassment;
- Be of good health and have a pleasant, strong personality;
- Be a person of courage who can decisions on the merit of facts and principles and not on the basis of pressures for individuals or groups;
- Not be above 65 years old at the time of assumption of duty;
- Be Information and Communication Technology (ICT) proficient;
- Write in not more than five hundred (500) word his/her vision/mission for the University.
- Be one of unassailable integrity;
- Be a Professor of at least eight (8) years;
- Understand the contemporary demands of Leadership of the University. He/she should have had a wide administrative experience of at least 5 years, and be capable of giving dynamic leadership to this University;
- The Vice Chancellor shall hold office for a single term of five years only on such terms and conditions as may be specified in his/her letter of appointment.
- Full Names;
- Marital Status,
- Academic Qualifications with dates;
- Administrative Experience;
- Details of Public/community Services.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts