Registrar at Covenant University
Covenant University is a world-class university committed to raising a new generation of leaders. Based on the 2022 Times Higher Education (THE) impact rankings, the University is ranked among the top 600 Universities in the World.
Applications are invited from suitable candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Registrar
- The Registrar of Covenant University is the Chief Administrative Officer of the University and the Chairperson of the Central Administrative Board of the University.
- The Registrar oversees the day-to-day general administration of the University and is directly responsible to the Vice-Chancellor.
Roles and Responsibilities
More broadly, the Registrar is responsible for the following:
- Directly responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day administrative operations of the University.
- Serves as the Chairperson of the University’s Central Administrative Board, whose members comprise the headship of all administrative arms of the University.
- Serves as the Chief Administrative Officer of the University, ensuring the provision of efficient administrative support services for the attainment of the academic goals of the University.
- Providing leadership to the Registry department, be the custodian of university rules and regulations, the seal and records of the University, administrative procedures.
- Directs and coordinates administrative functions and implements University policies.
- Ensure administrative cooperation and integration of all University academic activities, including course registration, lecture schedules, class attendance management, student welfare, and examination and result processing.
- Serves as the Secretary to the University Senate.
Qualifications, Competencies and Experience
- Possession of relevant tertiary qualifications in any discipline from a recognized University within and outside Nigeria, with a minimum of a Master’s Degree.
- Any other additional Degree is an added advantage
- Possess a minimum of five (5) years’ experience in a senior management position, in addition to at least ten (10) years cognate/relevant post-qualification experience within the tertiary education domain.
- Considerable knowledge of national laws and regulations that border on the administration of tertiary institutions in Nigeria.
- Adept in the use of other modern ICT tools for the administration and management of a university system
- A registered member of any relevant professional body would be an added advantage.
- Possess a proven character and build up an impeccable personal and professional reputation during one’s career.
- Ability to align wholly with the Vision of the University and abide by her Core Values and ethos as contained in the staff handbook and conditions of service.
- Highly organized with excellent attention to details and demonstrates strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must enjoy good physical health mental health and should not be more than 45 years old at the time of application.
- A Team player who can work under limited supervision and is capable of self-direction
- Ability to maintain positive working relationships and confidentiality.
- Ability to deliver tasks and projects within lifelines by prioritizing tasks and achieving results beyond expectations.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: For further enquiries, please contact: [email protected]
Application Deadline 14th March, 2022.