Research Supervisor at International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA)
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Research Supervisor
Reference ID: STS2022-013
Recruitment Type: STS- National (6-months renewable contract)
- Participate in the establishment and maintenance of field and screen house research trials.
- Collect phenotypic data on cassava experiments in the growing stages before harvest, at harvest and post-harvest stages on the field and screen houses.
- Support cassava root quality and sensory evaluation of test materials
- Ensure timely capturing of data from allocated trials in the field and screen houses.
- Ensure good curation of collected data and timely delivery of same to supervisor.
- Keep accurate records of all established trials and deliver same to supervisors correctly and timely.
- Participate in the cleanliness of all working areas.
- Support scientists of Next Gen project in the multiplication of true-to-type high quality planting materials.
- Participate in SAH field and laboratory activities.
- Participate in harvesting of trials in the field and screen houses.
- Perform any other job-related task as may be assigned by the Supervisors.
- B.Sc / HND in Agriculture, Crop Science, with a minimum of four (4) years’ experience performing similar role in a well-structured environment.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have good communication skill (writing, reading and speaking)
- Have ability to work with little or no supervision.
- Have data capturing and report writing skills.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 4th August, 2022.
- Interested applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed cover letter and curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format
- The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
- IITA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce, particularly welcoming applications from women.
- While all applications will be acknowledged, please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted