Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > Business and Finance > Sahara Group Vacancy for a Head, Group Treasury & Financial Risk Management
Sahara Group Vacancy for a Head, Group Treasury & Financial Risk Management
Aug 21, 2019, 2:29 AM
Sahara Group nutures businesses in the energy sector. These companies operate essentially within the energy industry and its associated sub-sectors. The Group consists of individuals, who are determined to make a positive impact on the business environment. We are recruiting to fill the below position: Job Title: Head, Group Treasury & Financial Risk Management Location: Ikoyi, Lagos Job Type: Full Time Level: Senior Manager/Supervisor Purpose Statement
- The whole aim for a position and function is to improve value in all areas of the business by managing and improving the Group’s liquidity, investments, and risk management related to the company's financial activities and implementing the most effective strategies.
- Overall responsibility for the running of daily Treasury operations. Reviewing, monitoring and establishing the appropriate trading strategy to ensure that forecast currency positions are, at all times in line with Group policy and agreed strategy. Overall responsibility for the working of the Treasury and Financial Risk Management System.
- Institute framework for effective continuous (‘Day-to-Day’) management of working capital and cash flows of the Group.
- Formulate and implement investment policies, including the establishment of risk parameters.
- Ensure adequate continuous supervision of treasury activities, including centralized cash management, bank positions and debt and structured facilities management.
- Administer and ensure compliance to treasury policy on all bank and payment related systems both online & offline and thereby manage payment processing and fraud prevention functions
- Maintain and build relationships with debt providers at all levels including clearing and correspondence commercial banks, regulatory agencies and other financial institutions alike
- Manage the long and short-term liquidity of the Group, control and manage its debt position at reporting dates, including focused working capital management
- Manage and control the forecasting, budgeting and accounting of monthly interest charges
- Manage inter-company funding and loans among Sahara Group entities (including affiliates).
- Be responsible for continuous process improvements and efficiencies within the treasury function, participating in wider central finance team projects and activities
- Manage cash and investment portfolio, and thereby ensuring supervision over the fiduciary funds and surplus funds investment including money market deposits and funds within the Group.
- Develop processes and systems to determine daily worldwide cash position; track and manage intra-company funding.
- Institute periodic and rolling framework for Forecasts regarding sources and uses of cash flows via a robust financial planning strategy.
- Support negotiation of facility documentation for debt, FX and other ancillary facilities within the Group.
- Assume ownership and controls of treasury policies and procedures. Preparation of periodic and ad hoc reports for the Executive Management of Sahara Entities and the Ultimate Board of the Group on Corporate Treasury issues.
- Ensure full implementation of the funding strategies set by the Board and as clearly supervised and directed by the Director of Finance.
- Manage ‘Day-to-Day’ Financial Risk Exposure of the Group based on ‘Credit Risk, Market Risk and Liquidity Risk’.
- Perform risk assessment: Analyze current risks and identify potential risks that are affecting the company
- Perform risk evaluation: Evaluating the company’s previous handling of risks, and comparing potential risks with criteria set out by the company such as costs and legal requirements
- Ensure treasury activities are in compliance with treasury policies, accounting guidelines, governance policies and internal controls.
- Work with Sahara Business Divisions, Functional Departments and Operating Entities to ensure financial risk is correctly identified and advising on appropriate risk mitigation and instruments (which include, Foreign Exchange Transaction Risk, Balance Sheet FX management and Commodity risk).
- Monitor and report on Treasury related risk limits providing periodic input into Board reporting.
- Manage and institute controls over FX and Interest Rate Exposures, implement any necessary hedging strategy and associated accounting under international accounting standards and the Group Treasury & Financial Risk Management Policy.
- University degree (or it's equivalent) in Accounting, Actuarial Science, Economics, or related fields.
- Minimum of 10 years cognate working experience (Post-NYSC) in Accounting and Finance Function(s) in a reputable organisation(s), with at least 5 years’ experience in a managerial role.
- Must possess professional certifications such as CFA, FRM, CIMA, ACA, ACCA, CPA or ACTN
- MBA in a recognised and reputable institution or business school will be of added advantage.
- Major “Business Applications” and “ERP Applications” experience would also be beneficial and of an advantage.
- Advanced Treasury Management Competence (including knowledge of Global Treasury Management Standards)
- Advanced Financial Risk Management Competence ((including knowledge of ERM Framework)
- Practical capabilities with Spread Sheets, PowerPoint presentation and Financial Modelling.
- Financial Planning and Budgeting
- Financial Analysis
- Strategic Decision Support
- Ability to prioritise a wide range of tasks
- Business Management Capabilities, Development and Leadership capabilities.
- In-depth knowledge and application of Derivatives [or Derivative Contracts]
- Sound knowledge of Financial and Corporate Reporting
- In-depth Knowledge and Application of International Financial Reporting Standards
- Detailed understanding and appreciation of Transfer Pricing and Transfer Pricing Regulations of the OECD and FIRS.
- Passion for Excellence
- Ability to work in a team
- Passion for customer service
- Analytical and Logical in Reasoning
- Resilience, Dynamic and Creative
- To-Do Spirit
- Ability to Pay Attention to Detailed.
- Boards of Directors
- Director in-charge of Finance
- Head, Corporate & Project Finance
- Heads of Finance Units across Sahara Entities.
- Accounts and Finance Staff
- Heads of Business Divisions/Units and Departments.
- Executive Management of Sahara Entities
- Chief Finance Officers of Sahara Global Businesses
- Group Head Finance
- Head, Financial Controls & Tax
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts