Senior Data Scientist at Interswitch Group
Interswitch is an Africa-focused integrated digital payments and commerce company that facilitates the electronic circulation of money as well as the exchange of value between individuals and organisations on a timely and consistent basis. We started operations in 2002 as a transaction switching and electronic payments processing, and have progressively evolved into an integrated payment services company, building and managing payment infrastructure as well as delivering innovative payment products and transactional services throughout the African continent. At Interswitch, we offer unique career opportunities for individuals capable of playing key roles and adding value in an innovative and fun environment.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Data Scientist
Job type: Permanent
Department: Purepay - Transaction Switching & Payment Processing
- Discover opportunities for product development and process optimization from large datasets using Data Science techniques. Build, test, and deploy models, as well as maintain the underlying infrastructure. Create data initiative roadmaps from company strategies.
- Provide data science functions across the group
- Extending company’s data with third party sources of information when needed
- Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems
- Processing, cleaning, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- Create/use automated anomaly detection systems and constantly tracking of its performance
- Building your knowledge and learning new skills by attending workshops, seminars and conferences or self-learning materials
- Research and identify new initiative opportunities and process improvements
- Contribute to in-house data science tools
- Build, test, and deploy models, as well as maintain the underlying infrastructure
- Mentor team members and provide leadership
- Create data initiative roadmaps from company strategies
- Develop machine learning and AI models to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation, KPI and other business outcomes
- Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner
- Provide support as required to assist clients in applying the generated insights to their business
- Ensure proper configuration management and change controls are implemented as regards acquired data and working documents used for analysis and modelling
- Minimum of 5 years in a Data Science role and experience a number crunching role for reporting purpose such as operations reporting, statistics etc.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 12th July, 2022.