Senior Planner at APM Terminals
APM Terminals is the global terminal operating arm of the A.P. Moller-Maersk Group. APM Terminals operates a Global Terminal Network of 76 operating port and terminal facilities and 117 Inland Services operations in 59 countries around the globe.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Planner
- Track upcoming vessels in berth schedule and monitor vessel planning preparations.
- Coordinate and communicate with SPC (Shade Planning Center) for advance planning.
- Review scheduled vessel plan well in advance and analysis planning quality including cargo availability, routing, requirement and rollover.
- Upon completion of vessel cargo operation, collect all vessel documents from vessel planner review the documents and validate in TOS.
- Once validated departed vessel files communicate to cargo controller to generate TDR/TPR.
- Review TDR/TPR to confirm vessel exchanges and activities prior submitting for billing.
- Responsible to answer customer Queries, complaint and claims.
- Review and revert, if any validation requirement from billing/customer service.
- Manage vessel files and archives for future validation.
- Guide and direct vessel planners to manage vessel operation.
- Review MT routing and requirement with cargo controller well in advance, ensure MT stowage and planning from SPC.
- Monitor cargo consolidation and EDI upload/download in time.
- Confirm vessel structure and planning details updates and records (Stack weight, hatch cover, lashing gears, DG/Reefer locations and other remarks).
- Upon submitting of vessel plan by SPC, review plan integrity, crane deployment, job distribution, yard picking, sequencing, special stowage, yard clashes and revert to SPC if required to rearrange vessel plan.
- Increase opportunity of dual cycling and twin lift to optimize cargo operation.
- Communicate and coordinate with Chief officer/vessel planner/ local agent to manage any exceptional situation in vessel plan and cargo operation.
- Act as communication focal point in vessel planning.
- Any task assigned by superior to improve terminal performance and optimization.
We are looking for:
- High school diploma plus a college degree in Logistics, Operations Management, or related discipline.
- Requires at least 2 or more years of previous experience as a vessel planner for a container terminal operation. Previous experience as a Planning Controller in a container terminal environment will be an advantage.
- Requires good knowledge of TOS vessel planning systems and its Modules.
- Preferable if applicant has certificate in hazardous cargo handling.
- Has familiarity with the strict implementation of international standards of safe working practices within marine, stevedoring and terminal operations.
- Requires very good knowledge of container vessel stowage and stability criteria.
- Requires good knowledge of yard lay-out and operating techniques.
- Planning and organizational skills.
- Lean knowledge and leadership
- Time management
- Problem solver mindset
- Team worker
- Communication skill
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 18th July, 2021.