Senior Technical Advisor at Jhpiego
Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University, is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Technical Advisor
Job ID: 2023-5711
Employment Type: Full Time
- The Senior Technical Advisor - EGHS will provide technical contribution, innovations and value adds to the Jhpiego Enhancing Global Health Security (EGHS) project interventions which includes surveillance and epidemiology, event-based surveillance, public health intelligence, IHR indicator-based surveillance within vertical disease program and other health security interventions.
- S/He will work in collaboration with the government of Nigeria to improve the country’s capacity to prevent, detect and respond to emerging health threats.
- In addition, the Senior Technical Advisor will work on coordinating technical deliverables and support the EGHS Director in coordinating deliverables from the technical team embedded with government agencies.
- Provide technical guidance and support in the implementation of the Enhancing Global health security project activities
- Collaborate with the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC), National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA), NPHCDA, other implementing partners and subnational to enhance surveillance and other EGHS intervention in alignment with donor policies and strategies.
- Represent the project at stakeholders’ forums; build close working relationships with other GHS implementing partners and participate in stakeholder meetings and deliver presentations, as needed.
- In collaboration with the EGHS project team, monitor implementation of technical activities on workplan and ensure implementation is based on scope, budget and within timelines
- Develop technical EGHS training and resource tools including review and assessment
- Plan, design and facilitate with EGHS team - high-quality training of health workers at national and subnational
- Contribute significantly to scientific documentation and ensure project results are proactively disseminated, and learnings are shared and incorporated to continuously improve, including contribution to Knowledge management and communications for the project
- Contribute to GHS related concept notes, proposals and new project designs
- Mentor and support technical EGHS teams and coordinate implementation
- Comply with Jhpiego and JHU operational policies and regulations.
- Provide technical information, guidelines and resources to improve technical contribution of the project and technical teams
- Actively maintain current knowledge of global health security, standards and guidelines, and any emerging technical innovations and advances.
- Liaise with the global team to ensure approaches, training tools, job aids, and other approaches are in line with guidance from the global technical secretariat and adapted to Nigeria’s context.
- Contribute to regular technical reporting on project progress; coordinate with the technical and Program teams to ensure implementation and reporting is in alignment with EGHS M&E and reporting requirements
- Other duties as assigned
- A Clinician (MBChB or BSc Nursing); post-graduate training experience in vaccine programs and/or in Emergency Medicine /Critical Care/Infectious Diseases preferred
- Over 9+ years experience in related field.
- Experience planning and working in public health programs Program
- Excellent writing and communications skills, including demonstrated technical writing skills for publication.
- Fluency in English.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse international teams and willingness to learn and empower others.
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and pressure to perform.
- Demonstrated experience working with CDC and other donors.
- Strong knowledge and experience with data use for decision making.
- Experience in disease outbreak response and familiarity with other GHS project is an advantage.
- Excellent skills in program decision making, facilitation, team building and coordination
- Familiarity with the Government of Nigeria policies and regulations and demonstrated ability to collaborate with government officials (at all levels) to strengthen program implementation.
- Demonstrated ability in working and collaborating with local and international partner organizations.
N892,312.50 - N1,455,947.92 Annually.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply