Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > Agricultural / Agro-Allied > Sourcing Specialist Vacancy at Farmgate Agro-Allied Limited
Sourcing Specialist Vacancy at Farmgate Agro-Allied Limited
Oct 11, 2019, 10:47 PM
Farmgate Agro-Allied Limited commenced full operations in 2016 providing fresh farm produce at good prices to customers in Lagos and Abuja. Our customer base has grown exponentially and we will drive the business through our digital e-commerce platform in order for us to achieve excellent service delivery. We are currently seeking to employ suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant position below: Job Title: Sourcing Specialist Location: Lagos Responsibilities
- Work under the guidance of the Director of Purchasing to ensuring that purchasing decisions align with the overall goals of the organization.
- Perform periodic category reviews, update stakeholders on industry and supplier trends
- Manage effective and productive supplier relationships.
- Gain and demonstrate knowledge on underlying commodity markets to understand pricing impacts.
- Formulate risk management strategies that will help achieve company COGS targets.
- Obtain competitive bids/conduct RFPs for new/existing items.
- Evaluate supplier qualifications, product specifications, and pricing to make costeffective comparisons and provide recommendations that align with company goals.
- Conduct effective contract and supply negotiations to ensure the lowest total landed cost.
- Establish, monitor, and update reorder points to assure a consistent flow of items during periods of peaks and lows throughout the year.
- Responsible for becoming subject matter expert for assigned categories which could include dairy, wheat, protein, packaging, small wares and/or uniforms.
- Execute orders for new items on a timely basis, ensuring deadlines are met for product introduction.
- Successfully coordinate shipments to meet company and department deadlines.
- Participate in planning meetings with various departments for new products, discontinued products, out of stock items, changes in distribution or packaging of a product.
- Effectively communicate with team and stakeholders regarding how items are selling and any supplier issues at the store level (such as quality and service issues), potential shortages in the market, discontinued items.
- Participate in product evaluations with R&D, Marketing, and Operations and recommend potential changes to existing product design and packaging.
- BA/BS in Purchasing or related discipline; equivalent training and experience will be considered
- A minimum of 3-5 years purchasing experience in Retail MultiUnit Food Service Environment
- Working knowledge of computer software. Including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Position requires preemployment background screening
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts