Stanbic IBTC Bank Vacancy for Head, Group Physical Security
Stanbic IBTC Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa's financial system for 150 years, and now spans 16 countries across the African continent.
Standard Bank is a firm believer in technical innovation, to help us guarantee exceptional client service and leading edge financial solutions. Our growing global success reflects our commitment to the latest solutions, the best people, and a uniquely flexible and vibrant working culture. To help us drive our success into the future, we are looking for resourceful individuals to join our dedicated team at our offices.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Group Physical Security
Job ID: 47403
Location: Lagos Island, Lagos
Job Sector: Banking
- Real Estate: identifying new premises, locations and buildings, leasing real estate, buying and selling property, construction and maintenance.
Key Responsibilities / Accountabilities
- To Maintain a safe and secure environment for customers and employees by establishing and enforcing security policies and procedures; supervising the security guard force.
Define and implement Physical Security Plan for Stanbic IBTC Business Operation Environments:
- Identify and evaluate threats, vulnerabilities and the potential impact of security breaches and mitigate same with appropriate measures.
- Evaluate the physical environment in the building and sites occupied by the bank to determine the suitability of measures implemented to protect people and assets.
- Understand the purpose and application of video monitoring devices and systems and of the components that make up comprehensive monitoring.
- Define and implement standards and specifications of different types of storage devices, safes and other secure facilities.
- Define and implement standard for security protocols related to the close protection for selected individuals.
- Understand of the procedures needed to respond to emergency situations including the alerting of authorities and the execution of first responder activities.
- Define and Implement the rules and processes for controlling people's access to the Bank's premises.
- Spot security breaches and Assess the severity and respond in the appropriate manner.
- Develop the Knowledge and understanding of the systems and processes in place to monitor and control building access.
- Assess the appropriateness of the different types of intrusion detection systems and their application to the different types of premises that the Bank occupies.
Provide Leadership for effective performance:
- Believe in oneself, own judgement, skills and experience, and using this self confidence to challenge others for the benefit of Standard Bank.
- Continuously and actively curious, seeking a deeper, broader and more objective understanding, upon which to base commercial acumen, strategic decisions and actions.
- Set clear performance standards and expectations, and holds others accountable when these are not met. Takes accountability for team delivery against the expectations and contribution to results.
- Enable and empower the team to implement/execute a strategic vision or change for the better. Leads with passion and energy.
- Influence across the organisation, based on previously established credibility and respect, as well as understanding the organisational dynamics, politics and interpersonal context.
- Understand and leverage the dependencies across the organisation and the impact of own actions on the rest of the organisation to create organisation alignment for decision-making and delivery of quality outcomes.
- Take responsibility for identifying, developing and retaining capability for the benefit of the broader business, based on a genuine intent to foster the long-term learning or development of others.
- Understand the line-of-sight between strategy and organisational implementation.
- Translates the organisational strategy into specific decisions and actions to ensure the strategy implementation. Aligns resources to effectively execute against the strategic direction.
Apply Regulatory and Legislative Compliance requirements to avoid breaches and Sanctions:
- Manage contractual obligations to deliver the objectives required in the contract.
- Apply knowledge and understanding of the role / functions of construction and the built environment within the context of the local legislative and industry regulatory framework.
- Demonstrate good knowledge of the laws and legal principles governing the administration and contractual obligations of the organisation.
- Comply with relevant legislation, regulatory and professional standards.
- Understand the various laws and regulations regulating the financial services industry.
- Demonstrate knowledge of legislation legal policies and procedures pertaining to the local, regional and relevant international laws.
- Demonstrate skills and abilities needed to effectively develop and present the Organisation's interests in matters of dispute.
Occupational Health and Safety - OHS:
- Assist in the implementation and evaluation of the OHS management system.
- Ensure that OHS policies, rules, procedures and instructions are followed.
- Ensure that OHS risk assessments are carried out before new projects are embarked upon in the workplace that may impact on the health and safety of persons.
- Ensure that all incidents in the workplace (that could have caused injury, and that have in fact caused injury) are reported to Local Market Quality Assurance team.
- Ensure that an investigation into the cause of incidents is carried out immediately and that the necessary corrective action is taken to prevent the incident from occurring again.
- Enforce discipline where health and safety rules are deliberately neglected or ignored.
- Ensure, as far as is reasonably practicable, compliance with and adherence to the requirements of the OHS policy
- Ensure that every contractor in the workplace signs the relevant OHS documents as stipulated by the OHS policy
- Ensure that workplace hazards are identified and that workplace risks are assessed.
Manage operational risk:
- Ensure adequate compliance with the laid-down instructions by all areas under control.
- Ensure the maintenance of an effective control structure, with control activities defined at each level and duties appropriately allocated.
- Establish monitors and manages physical, operational and process risk controls and levels of authority in the POR to minimize risk exposure
Drive Operational effectiveness:
- Ensure effective management of expenditure with emphasis on the containment of controllable costs.
- Optimise and streamline existing systems, processes and controls for cost-effective service delivery.
- Provide an effective administrative function for the project team members
- Ensure overall operational readiness and efficiency of the branch infrastructure prior to operations
- Ensure overall staff complement is in line with workforce measurements.
- Implement operational techniques and activities that are used to fulfil requirements for quality including; improvement, control, management or assurance of quality.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the formal international frameworks for measuring and monitoring quality.
- Apply of techniques that can be applied to determine the cause of process or control failures.
- Implement all quality management policies and procedures.
- Promote and maintain high standards of quality at work.
- Understand, implement, manage and maintain quality management systems and provides a support service to the organisation.
Qualifications and Experience
- Demonstrate the knowledge and understanding of the process and thinking required to formulate objectives and priorities, and implement plans consistent with the long term interests of the organisation in a global environment.
- Identify and capitalise on opportunities and manage risks.
- Understand and apply the discipline of policy analysis, definition, writing and implementation.
- Develop and drive shared understanding of a long-term vision for the organisation.
- Translate the organisation's vision and long-term goals into medium and short term deliverables.
Knowledge / Technical Skills / Expertise
- A first degree or equivalent in Security Risk Management or any other related disciplines
- Postgraduate degree in Security / Safety management, Professional certification in Physical Security/ Information Security related field
- Military or Paramilitary background and training will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 10 years Security management operations experience with at least 3 years in financial institutions
- Minimum of 7 years knowledge of security equipment
- Risk Management
- Coaching and Mentoring
- Real Estate Industry Regulatory Framework
- Security Technology
- Security Auditing.