Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > Business and Finance > Standard Chartered Bank Job for an Officer, Trade Operations - Imports & Exports
Standard Chartered Bank Job for an Officer, Trade Operations - Imports & Exports
Feb 2, 2017, 11:22 AM
Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria - We attract talented individuals. Not only can they give you the benefit of their experience, they also reveal a closer, more personal look at the wide range of global opportunities we offer. At the core of the Group's people strategy is our focus on employee engagement. Engagement is a key driver of productivity and performance, which creates the foundation of our performance culture. We are recruiting to fill the position below: Job Title: Officer, Trade Operations - Imports & Exports Job ID: 544165 Location: Lagos, Nigeria - SCB Job Function: COO Regular/Temporary: Permanent Full/Part Time: Full time Job Purpose
- Ensure smooth functioning of LC payments.
- Organization of work flow to achieve maximum productivity.
- Ensure that LC related products/applications/documents are processed against laid down procedures, service standards and key control standards.
- Ensure compliance of all internal procedures, operational controls local regulation and ICC rules.
- Ensure that claims on LCs are promptly attended to.
- Ensure that the DOI is followed in processing and continuously reviewed to reflect current operations. Seek dispensation for all non compliance.
- Follow through with the advising bank and ensure that LC are advised promptly and provide clarifications where required.
- Advice inability to process immediately to all stakeholders.
- Ensure that issuance of Letter of Credit is in line with local and international standards.
- Letters to be advised same day if authenticity of the message is established.
- Ensure same day TAT on chasing and settlement of proceeds.
- Ensure revenue is realized on received export LCs.
- Process and dispatch documents within 24hours of receipt
- Monitor Nostro reports for prompt closure of pending items.
- Ensure that payment requests with complete documentation are treated in line with SLA to avoid ageing of deal in FX recons/EPAD.
- Submission of reconciliation daily by 5 p.m
- Provide all necessary assistance to ensure nil overdue items in reconciliations.
- Trade Pending.
- Daily DTR305 reports.
- Daily status report on FX recons.
- Unutilized LC report.
- Clean running reports.
- Processing customer transaction in line with agreed SLA.
- Monitor and ensure end to end consummation of all processes under my role.
- Ensure that all customer queries and requests are responded to within 24 hours after receipt.
- Maintain comprehensive register for all products.
- Adequate start of day and end of day processes to ensure operational safety.
- Track and follow through for successful delivery of all transaction processed.
- University qualification with a minimum of a second class degree.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts