Standard Chartered Bank Recruitment for Graduate Operations Assistant
Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria - We attract talented individuals. Not only can they give you the benefit of their experience, they also reveal a closer, more personal look at the wide range of global opportunities we offer. At the core of the Group's people strategy is our focus on employee engagement. Engagement is a key driver of productivity and performance, which creates the foundation of our performance culture. We encourage and focus on the behaviours that bring out the very best from every employee, assessing their performance not just on results but on how those results were achieved. To further embed these behaviours we have a remuneration programme in place, carefully designed to incentivise our employees to live our values every day.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Operations Assistant
Job ID: 2100025939
Employee Status: Fixed Term
- The role holder for providing support within Financial Markets Operations.
- To work closely with Manager Product Delivery Derivatives, FX/MM, Fixed Income to ensure services delivery are of top quality.
- Ensure day to day operating compliance with all relevant local and global regulatory requirements and industry best practice
- Serve as a maker in Depo-X for all Interbank secured Takings and Placements.
- Responsible for Country FMO document and work with respective desk officers to ensure their document are filed/stored daily for easy retrieval.
- Work with the various external Validation teams to ensure all Shape failed confirmation dispatch are promptly treated.
- Responsible for reconciling daily, weekly and monthly to confirm that all regulatory returns were dispatched timely as per procedure and any exception escalated.
- Collation and production of unit’s weekly update for OTI and Regional Input.
- Maintain the team’s register to ensure all incoming and outgoing document are well tracked.
- Responsible for obtaining the bank’s CRR statements weekly from the CBN and ensuring same is updated in TLM.
- Escalate immediately seniors any situation identified not in conformity with BAU processes
Regulatory & Business Conduct:
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the FMO Nigeria to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.] *
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- GBS India
- FM front office
- Other Operations Departments
- Serve as an alternate to the Operations Assistant in charge of Fixed Income processing.
- Market Knowledge: Awareness and understanding of the wider business, economic and market environment in which the firm operates. Must be conversant with various regulations that impact financial markets in the location, specifically Central Banks of Nigeria circulars relating to FXMM
- This role would require a good a Bachelor's Degree, 1+ years of relevant experience preferably in banking Operations
- Proficient in PC Skills Microsoft Excel and word
- Good communication and analytical skills.
- Risk Management and Control: Ability to identify risks and escalate it. Also, an awareness and understanding of the main risks facing the bank, Financial Markets and the role the individual plays in managing them.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 12th October, 2021; (Time - 5:59:00 PM)