Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > Business and Finance > Standard Chartered Bank recruitment for Graduate Asset Custodians
Standard Chartered Bank recruitment for Graduate Asset Custodians
Jun 2, 2017, 11:22 AM
Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria - We attract talented individuals. Not only can they give you the benefit of their experience, they also reveal a closer, more personal look at the wide range of global opportunities we offer. At the core of the Group's people strategy is our focus on employee engagement. Engagement is a key driver of productivity and performance, which creates the foundation of our performance culture. We encourage and focus on the behaviours that bring out the very best from every employee, assessing their performance not just on results but on how those results were achieved. To further embed these behaviours we have a remuneration programme in place, carefully designed to incentivise our employees to live our values every day. We are recruiting to fill the following positions below: Job Title: Asset Custodian Job ID: 22787 Locations: South West (Oyo, Ogun, Ondo, Ekiti, Kwara, Osun) Job Sector: Banking Job Purpose
- To ensure the availability of treasury cash, reserve and blank forms.
- Control treasury cash, blank forms, safe custody items and duplicate keys.
- Understand and manage the risks associated with the custody of these items as well as the changes in the custody of assets through effective system controls.
- Ensure the availability of a fully functional cash service to tellers including the custody and balancing of vault cash, processing of vault deposits, withdrawal and handling of related reports.
- Custodian of treasury cash, reserve, blank forms and keys & cash
- Ensure that the correct procedures for handling and movement of cash assets in the branch are adhered to.
- Receive notes and coins from tellers to be lodged into the vault.
- Check physical cash received / evacuated in the presence of the Cash Management Unit (CMU) representatives.
- Control Keys for container / trolley (Used for transporting cash from vault to tellers).
- Assist with surprise checks of tellers.
- Ensure that the correct security procedures are adhered to when cash is moved to agencies and delivered to/collected from Cash Management Unit.
- Effective cash management to ensure vault approved limits are adhered to.
- Attend to branch account payments.
- Issue Bank Cheques as required.
- Attend to Cash Advance transactions.
- Attend to all Records Administration issues in the branch
- Counter sign issued Bank Cheques as required.
- Reconcile all branch suspense accounts as listed below.
- Attend to all issues on refunds on all closed customers accounts
- Carry out first level support (basic) on User's workstations, scanners, or other peripherals
- Resolve basic finacle issues such as applet, Invalid username/Password, or proxy exception errors, etc
- Map users' workstations to the Combo printer and ensure quality printout
- Assist RIS connect remotely to systems & resolve simple LAN issues
- ATM support including: simple power related issues on UPS and inverter, ATM operation support (Availability, Cash management, resolution of simple issues like cash jam, paper jam, etc)
- Supervise vendors, contractors, PM engineers to ensure a good and neat work is done in the branch
- ATM Reports
- Operating Cash Report
- Listing of ATM Transactions
- Shortage Account
- Certified Cheque
- Stale Cheques
- Vault Reserve
- Overage Account
- Bank Cheques
- Custom Duty Payments
- Mails Administration
- Administration of Stationery (vault out of stationary items)
- Maintenance of Office Equipment
- Call-over functions
- Cash Advance Register - Petty cash
- Bank Cheque Register.
- Customs Duty Register (where applicable)
- Bachelors Degree from an accredited University
- Minimum 2 years branch banking experience with exposure to tellering and safe custody.
- Knowledge/Technical Skills/Expertise
- Financial Analysis
- ATM operating and maintenance experience
- HSE certification
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts