Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > Recruitment / Consulting Company > Sunrose Consulting Limited recruitment for a Human Resources Officer
Sunrose Consulting Limited recruitment for a Human Resources Officer
Jun 6, 2019, 8:23 PM
Sunrose Consulting Limited - Our client provides consulting services to a diverse clientele across Nigeria. The company is seeking to recruit an exceptional individual for the vacant position stated below: Job Title: Human Resources Officer Location: Lagos Job Description
- Reporting to the Human Resources Manager, you will develop, advise on and implement policies relating to the effective use of staff in the organisation.
- The aim is to ensure that the organisation employs the right balance of staff in terms of skill and experience, and that training and development opportunities are available to colleagues to enhance their performance and achieve the company's business aims.
- Working closely with various departments, increasingly in a consultancy role, assisting line managers to understand and implement policies and procedures
- Promoting equality and diversity as part of the culture of the organisation
- Liaising with a range of people involved in policy areas such as staff performance and health and safety
- Recruiting staff, which involves developing job descriptions and person specifications, preparing job adverts, checking application forms, shortlisting, interviewing and selecting candidates
- Administering payroll and maintaining employee records
- Interpreting and advising on employment law
- Dealing with grievances and implementing disciplinary procedures
- Developing HR planning strategies, which consider immediate and long-term staff requirements
- Planning and sometimes delivering training, including new staff inductions
- Analysing training needs in conjunction with departmental managers.
- Developing and implementing policies on issues like working conditions, performance management, equal opportunities, disciplinary procedures and absence management
- Preparing staff handbooks
- Advising on pay and other remuneration issues, including promotion and benefits
- Undertaking regular salary reviews
- Negotiating with staff and their representatives (for example, trade union officials) on issues relating to pay and conditions
- Must be adept at problem-solving, including being able to identify issues and resolve programs in a timely manner
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills
- Must be organised, accurate, thorough, and able to monitor work for quality
- Must be dependable, able to follow instructions, respond to management direction, and must be able to improve performance through management feedback
- Must have good computer skills
- Must be able to communicate clearly, both written and orally, as to communicate with employees, members of the HR management team, and in group presentations and meetings
- Must be able to effectively read and interpret information, present numerical data in a resourceful manner, and skillfully gather and analyze information
- Must be able to prioritise and plan work activities as to use time efficiently
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts