Team Lead, Product Issuing at Stanbic IBTC Bank
Stanbic IBTC Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa's financial system for 150 years, and now spans 16 countries across the African continent.
Standard Bank is a firm believer in technical innovation, to help us guarantee exceptional client service and leading edge financial solutions. Our growing global success reflects our commitment to the latest solutions, the best people, and a uniquely flexible and vibrant working culture. To help us drive our success into the future, we are looking for resourceful individuals to join our dedicated team at our offices.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Team Lead, Product Issuing
Job ID: 56590
Location: Lagos Island, Lagos
Job Sector: Banking
- Collaborates with Segments and the Branch network to execute our strategy for debit cards and other designated issuing products in the designated market(s) and execute against the defined strategy Work with the Head, Issuing and other country stakeholders to agree the short to medium team plans for delivering on the budget and also grow the volume of our debit card and other designated issuing products in line with budgeted volumes and designated market(s).
Key Responsibilities / Accountabilities
Profitability, revenue and sales generation:
- Collaborates with internal stakeholders (e.g., Africa Regions Centre, Product team and Enabling Functions) to drive profitability of the debit card and designated issuing products business and manages costs the products. For example, provides input into the annual marketing plan for debit Card and other designated issuing products in Nigeria and ensures the successful implementation thereof, manages downtime due to operational issues.
- Grows the debit Card base in line with the set goals and targets for the year.
- Responsible for regulating pricing, fees of Card products in line with Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) policies to ensure compliance.
- Drives campaigns to achieve acquisition, activation, retention and turnover targets.
- Achievement of financial targets as per the budget
- Cost reduction as per the agreed targets
- Increase in volume of debit cards and other designated issuing products issued
- Reduced operational losses
Customer service and relationship management:
- Integrates work streams/projects to ensure stated objectives are achieved on schedule. This includes effectively managing both internal and external support areas.
- Maintains solid relationships with internal and external business partners to ensure smooth delivery of stated business objectives and projects.
- Assists the in-country teams to deliver and maintain a world class service experience by setting minimum standards and SLAs with each market for the designated Issuing portfolio.
- Implements programs in country to measure performance and quality of customer touch points to ensure optimal performance.
- Stakeholder feedback
- Achieve Net Promoter Score
- Positive Annual Internal survey reports
- Ensures debit card and designated issuing products life cycle management is seamless by coordinating all the internal support teams to align with the bank’s issuing strategy.
- Manages Debit and designated issuing products to ensure compliance and smooth business operations (e.g. cards are issued to the right segments, requests channelled to the right product, adherence to validation processes before the cards are issued, etc.)
- Provides the best suited Card products based on customer needs by improving current services and rolling out new card products in collaboration with the Product team through product launches, product design and modification.
- Grows the debit card base (e.g., increase number of card users, ensures usage) in line with the set goals and targets for the year (e.g. number of people to be carded, number of active users and number of transactions).
- Oversee training of internal staff/stakeholders, and customers on card usage, functions, security, product knowledge, etc.
- Satisfactory audit (audit team governance, risk and compliance)
- Zero regulatory fines
- Approval rate
- System uptime
- Card Activation rate
- Card transaction volume and value
Key performance measures:
- Number of debit cards issued in line with approved annual budget
- Card transaction volumes and value in line with approved annual budget
- Overall achievement of economic and accounting profit indices for the Debit card Business
- Operating expenses within budget
- Operational and risk management
- Visible brand image in the digital space
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing or related discipline; Post Graduate degree preferred
- Professional Certification is a valuable advantage
- Job Function: Personal and Business Banking
- Job Family: Digital Channels
- Years: 5-7 Years
- Experience Description: 1 -2 years’ general banking experience
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply